PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on new law and transition period

ghardingpft
05-26-2016, 11:29 AM
I was reading up on the new law and what I have found is a bit vague as to how long we have as a transition period. I have a family who is expecting baby #2. At that time I will be at my max of 5, but only for 5-6 months. Would I be able to take baby #2? I just find it ridiculous that the family would have to find another sitter for that short amount of time, the two drop offs.. etc.... I've looked at joining an agency, but rather not if I don't have to. I would be within the 2 under 2 rule. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lee-Bee
05-26-2016, 11:54 AM
I was reading up on the new law and what I have found is a bit vague as to how long we have as a transition period. I have a family who is expecting baby #2. At that time I will be at my max of 5, but only for 5-6 months. Would I be able to take baby #2? I just find it ridiculous that the family would have to find another sitter for that short amount of time, the two drop offs.. etc.... I've looked at joining an agency, but rather not if I don't have to. I would be within the 2 under 2 rule. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The transition period (grandfathering) was only for children in care before the bill was passsed (long ago). It would not apply to any future children or new siblings. It was only there to help the providers who already had more than 2 children under age 2 when this first came into play (to allow those children to age to 24 months).

babydom
05-26-2016, 11:55 AM
You can't go over five children at any one time even for five minutes. So no, you can't overlap numbers for six mths :(. Sucks I know!

If you join an agency you have the possibility of having six kids but it depends on the agency.

The transition period was that any kids in daycare before August 2015 had till Jan 2016 to count. Like said above it gave caregivers to adjust numbers and time to get only two under two. That was old children. The rules are in full effect now and there has never been grandfathering for new children.