PDA

View Full Version : Pick ups during naptime

DaycareLulu
11-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Good Morning,

Just wondering, do any of you have a rule about about parent's not picking up their children during nap time? I have five daycare kids that all sleep in the upstairs of my house from 1pm until 3:30pm. Some of them share a room. Most parent's pick up after 4pm but once in a while one of them will show up at 3:15. It disturbs all of the children when I have to go and wake one of them early and I feel because they are all under 2 and on just one nap a day they could really use that last fifteen minutes. Should I tell the parent to call if they they are going to be early? or ask them to come after 3:30pm? I also need to know at the beginning of the day that they will come early so I can make sure their child isn't sharing a room with another child.

Judy Trickett
11-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Yes. I have a policy. It's in my contract. Parents are not allowed to pick up between certain hours. AND, if a parent needs to pick up early for an appointment etc then they have to pick up their child either before or after nap but NOT during nap.

Sunflower
11-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Same goes for me.... naptime pick ups disrupt my day and therefor are not permitted.
They either pick up before or after nap.

Sandbox Sally
11-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Agreed. No pick ups during nap. Before or after only.

giraffe
11-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Yup no pick ups or drop offs during nap time

mom-in-alberta
12-01-2011, 01:51 AM
I have only had this happen a couple times. I have the kids sleeping separately, right now anyway. I will ask mom/dad if they want me to go get the child or if they would like to go get a coffee and come back when naptime is done. So far they have all said, "oh, we'll take him/her now". It's never been right in the middle of nap, and never bothered the other children. Should it be an issue, no, I would not allow it. I would ask that they come back.