PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cambridge

daycaremom
02-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Hello everyone!

I am a mother of 2 girls and an unregulated home daycare provider in Cambridge, ON. I have been providering daycare for 7 years. I look forward to hearing from other daycare providers.

Sunflower
02-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Nice to meet you daycaremom! How old are your girls?

daycaremom
02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
My girls are 3.5 and 8 years old. My youngest will be starting school in September.

admin
02-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Hi DaycareMom !

It's a pleasure to welcome you on our new forum !

Being one of the first to join always has its advantages; I'm sure a lot of users will be jealous of your username and will wish that they had registered sooner. ;)

Sunflower
02-04-2011, 06:37 AM
I was already thinking I should have thought of that user name lol
So how is it for you having your own child in your daycare?
I know many who have a really hard time,some even opted to sign them up in other daycares.
I know for myself it is a very big challenge with my youngest. He is very attached to me and does not like to share me lol. But I am staying home primarily to be with them so I just work very hard to make him feel secure.( lots of work!)

daycaremom
02-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Hi DaycareMom !

It's a pleasure to welcome you on our new forum !

Being one of the first to join always has its advantages; I'm sure a lot of users will be jealous of your username and will wish that they had registered sooner. ;)

That is why I registered right away. I use this name on a different forum and wanted to keep the same name.

daycaremom
02-04-2011, 01:26 PM
I was already thinking I should have thought of that user name lol
So how is it for you having your own child in your daycare?
I know many who have a really hard time,some even opted to sign them up in other daycares.
I know for myself it is a very big challenge with my youngest. He is very attached to me and does not like to share me lol. But I am staying home primarily to be with them so I just work very hard to make him feel secure.( lots of work!)

My children have always enjoyed having other kids in the home. However, it was hard to give them the attention that they wanted. My youngest daughter has never had me all to herself. I was looking after other kids when she was just a newborn. Although, she developed many great qualities from being around a mixed age group of kids such as been very independent, outgoing, tough, smart, etc.