PDA

View Full Version : Which are the summer holidays are off for daycare providers

Mrs Ahmed
12-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Hello
can you pls help to tell me on which days of summer holidays providers usually take off and do they get paid for these days and how many days are there in that vacation week?
thanks

Play and Learn
12-07-2011, 08:18 AM
There's no 'set' days that all providers take off. Some do not take any holidays at all, others take the whole summer off. Some providers ask for 2 weeks paid holidays, and others do not ask for payment. Depends on what providers are asking in YOUR area.

In my manual, I state that I take up to 10 weeks off without pay per year. This allows me to take my well-deserved break, and spend time with family and friends. I let parents know 3-4 weeks ahead of time, or when I find out.

playfelt
12-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Most parents have to book their summer holidays well in advance at work so by May/June you can usually get those dates from parents. I then used to match it all up and take my holidays to coincide with the weeks most were off anyways as a way to minimize disruption and income loss. The last week of July and the first week of August are the most popular for my gang because of there being the holiday in the middle so they get to add an extra day to the time. I always liked having the last week of August off to get things organized for my own kids for back to school - the shopping done, everything labelled, baking down in the freezer and the chance to do some fun things before the return to school.