PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Daycare?

lilac
12-08-2011, 04:19 PM
What do you think about offering daycare on the weekend only? Sat & Sun (maybe Fri too).
Can you charge more b/c its the weekend? Is there a need? Does anyone actually do this?

Skysue
12-08-2011, 04:50 PM
What do you think about offering daycare on the weekend only? Sat & Sun (maybe Fri too).
Can you charge more b/c its the weekend? Is there a need? Does anyone actually do this?

I can guarantee there is a need! But couldn't tell you what to charge. Look up weekend daycare for your area and see what happens!

lori123
12-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Personally, I couldn't do daycare on the weekend - too tiring and its nice to have family time then. I would definitely charge more than your regular rate - perhaps time and half or double time, like other industries pay? I don't know if you would find people that would want to pay it, but its worth the try if you are committed to working the weekends too.

Sandbox Sally
12-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Ditto what Lori said! Weekends are for my family :wub:

mom-in-alberta
12-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Given that few other providers will do it, I can almost guarantee that there is a need. And I do believe that you could charge slightly more on a daily basis. But unless you are providing overnight or extended hour care, I don't think that you could double the regular rate or anything.
Are you still providing weekday care as well? If so, I caution you to think long and hard about working 7 days a week. Every good provider needs a rest!! :)