PDA

View Full Version : Payment for christmas week

Mrs Ahmed
12-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Hi Providers
can you pls guide me that you guys charge for christmas and boxing days only or charge for whole week, or you only get paid for these 2 days because I just charged my clients for 2 days of chritmas.
Any suggestion for me are welcome.
Thanks

Sunflower
12-14-2011, 08:54 PM
I take the full 2 weeks off paid but this is the norm in my area.
I'm sure you will find that it really varies from provider to provider.

sunnydays
12-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Are you closed during the week between Christmas and New Year? I am open and most of the kids will be coming, so I charge. I am closed on the 26th and 27th for christmas and Boxing Day and I charge for those. But it all depends on what you put in your contract.

Mrs Ahmed
12-14-2011, 09:02 PM
surprisingly
I dont have any contract.

Mrs Ahmed
12-14-2011, 09:04 PM
My client says what is the point for daycares for working parents if they are not sending their kids for care when they have to go for work.

playfelt
12-14-2011, 09:18 PM
I am open throughout the Christmas period except for Dec 26, and Dec 27. Those are paid stats and the rest are regular paid days. I am not taking Jan 2 for new years since all of my kids will be gone for a week that I am getting paid for and most have to be back to work on the Monday since they too are getting a day the week before instead to make a full week of leave.

angelina
12-06-2012, 04:21 PM
i want to be off the week of december 24th and first week of january. so my client and I both book it as our 2 weeks holiday without pay.

all depends on you and your client. Per contract, you are paid stat holidays.

Momof4
12-06-2012, 04:26 PM
My contract lists my closed paid days. My contract also states all my policies for protection for me and for my clients. Please Mrs. Ahmed, get a contract you deserve to be treated fairly and your clients deserve to know exactly how the daycare will be run and it should all be there in black and white for them whenever they have a question. It's truly for the protection of both parties as we are entering into a business agreement.

I know what I'm talking about because I started my daycare without a contract and was abused by my first few clients so I learned quickly.