PDA

View Full Version : Part-timers and stats

sunnydays
12-17-2011, 01:03 PM
I am just wondering what you all do about stat holidays with kids who come part-time. I have a little one who comes three days a week, Mon-Wed and I am wondering if it is fair to have his parents pay for all the stats, since most of them land on Mondays (and a Tuesday after Christmas). They haven't complained, but do some of you pro-rate the number of stats paid for, or do you just expect them to pay for the stats that land ontheir days?

playfelt
12-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Generally I don't ask my part time families to pay for stats mainly because a lot of workers don't get paid for stats either and only get paid for the days worked. I don't have it written one way or the other in my contract and let each family know what I expect from them. At the same time I don't provide care and a lot of part time people end up working stats if the place is open and the full timers get the day off so they are left to scramble for care.

Spixie33
12-17-2011, 06:31 PM
I get paid from my PTers for stats as long as the stat lands on a day where they come

Momof4
12-17-2011, 08:26 PM
If I had a part time family scheduled for Mon-Wed every week I would definitely charge them 3 days/week no matter what. My contract states that families pay for days booked no matter if there are stat holidays, sick or missed days. I also charge $3 more per day for part-time families than for full time families.

The only part-time family I had in care was so difficult because the Mom worked at the hospital and they worked 2 days of days then 2 days of nights then 5 days off. Because of this family who were able to schedule around stat days I learned a lot about how to handle part-time families and this one taught me a lot of lessons. I don't want part-time again! But I did write into my contract a few years back that people must use 3 days/week minimum for the sake of my income and for the sake of the child fitting in to the daycare of course.

Play and Learn
12-18-2011, 10:08 AM
I get paid from my PTers for stats as long as the stat lands on a day where they come

Same here.

sunnydays
12-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks everyone. I currently have it in the contract that I get paid for the stats that land on their child's days, but wasn't sure if it was fair. I think I will leave it as is :)

Judy Trickett
12-19-2011, 06:55 AM
If the stats lands on a day they would normally have been scheduled then they pay for the stat.