PDA

View Full Version : I need a double/triple buggy.

Cocoon
12-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Hello everybody!

I'm in need of a double(prefer Phil&Teds or something alike) and or triple buggy. I have checked on Kijiji but the prices are very high for used double. There is not much price difference, I might as well buy brand new one.

And about triple buggy, there is no ads whatsoever. I have checked few websites and the brand new once are $1000! I cannot afford to pay that much on a buggy right now and i was wondering if you guys know places that sell second hand double and or triple buggies?

Thank you in advance.

Cocoon :)

Katskids
12-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi! Not sure where you live but in Toronto area, Once Upon a Child will call you when they get specific items come in. They don't get these in very often but worth a try if you have a location near you. Also try Mom2Mom swap/sales, often advertised in local newspapers and held at churches or community centres.

Cocoon
12-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Hello Katskids, thank you for your response. I live in Calgary do you know if they would deliver here? Maybe I should give them a call. Thanks again.

momplus6
12-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Have you looked into a valco with the toddler seat attached to the front? What types of things do you need it for? The Phils and ted have no storage space so if you need to bring bags along there is no place to put them. I bought the baby trend double side by side jogging stroller and love it has space underneath the feet tray on the front is big enough a kid can sit there when tired.

sunnydays
12-21-2011, 12:09 PM
One tip I have is that if you have one child who can walk (maybe around 2 years), but gets tired, you can buy a kiddie board and attach it to the back of the stroller for one child to stand on. I did that with my double stroller and it works great! I found mine on Kijij for $42 and everywhere I go, people ask me where i got it. You can buy them in specialty baby stores as well, but they are more like $110.

Katskids
12-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Hello Katskids, thank you for your response. I live in Calgary do you know if they would deliver here? Maybe I should give them a call. Thanks again.

Once upon a child is a chain of second hand stores and they have locations in Calgary. Check Onceuponachild.com to see if there is one near you!

Cocoon
12-21-2011, 03:08 PM
momplus6, "valco with the toddler seat attached " I have looked at their website but I couldn't see the buggy you have mentioned. I love Phill&Teds. I used it for 4 years, yes it doesn't have a big basket but it was enough for me to put snacks, spare cloths, water, changing mat etc. If I could find a good second hand for reasonably priced I would buy. But I think they are making them with gold or something here in Canada as even the used once are expensive!

Cocoon
12-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Kangorama, I have used the kiddie board but it is very hard for me to push.

Katskids, I have emailed them just now and will go and see their shop at the weekend.

Thank you.

momplus6
12-21-2011, 03:22 PM
I think the seat you would just buy seperate it should attach to any of their jogging strollers I see it mostly on the side by sides attached to the front. I haven't looked into the phil and ted's but I need the space as when I use my big stroller we are usually at the zoo/calaway or something like that that requires me to pack a lunch in a cooler and lots of water so I need the basket space. I also believe in order for the phil and ted to fit in my van I would need to deattach the one seat so don't want to do that. What kind of price point are you looking for? Have you searched other areas on kijiji say Red Deer its about 1.5hrs away but sometimes you can find really good deals on stuff there.

Play and Learn
12-22-2011, 08:37 AM
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-baby-items-strollers-carriers-car-seats-Triple-Jogging-Stroller-W0QQAdIdZ340382637
Here's a link to a Triple Jogging Stroller in Ottawa, ON.

Cocoon
12-22-2011, 10:40 AM
momplus6, thank you. I won't be driving kids around and I need a good easy to push double or triple stroller.

Play and Learn, thank you for the link. I never had to buy triple buggy so I don't knwo if the price is right for a triple? To be honest, I don't even know whether I need a double or triple buggy. I advertised 3 weeks ago and had good responses. 2 set of parents came to meet last week and we are signing the contracts this week. And another one is coming to meet up today.

Play and Learn
12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Cocoon, I have a double jogging stroller, and I received it for free. No one wanted it as it was too big to put into a car/van....I LOVE my double jogging stroller. BUT....I do have to admit, the jogging stroller is amazing as it has the big tires to push through the snow.

I guess the question you have to ask yourself....how many little ones are you wanting in your Home Daycare? I have 2 little ones....they still are uncertain with their snowsuits/boots on.

If I had the funds, I'd buy the triple! But I bought myself a used choo choo wagon. I know it won't work in the snow, but there's no snow here, so it's been a good purchase!

waterloo day mom
12-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Doubles are very easy to come by. I've had 3 that I've picked up at garage sales or had given to me. Triples and quads are much harder. For the difference in price I found it was easier to buy them online and have a brand new one with a receipt and everything. You won't pay much less than $500 for a quad. For a double, keep looking on kijiji and I'm sure something will come up.

Cocoon
12-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Play and Learn, is that the pic. of your double jogging stroller on your icon?

The stroller in US are reasonably priced but they don't deliver to Canada. I'm starting to change my mind about Phil&Teds as we have snow here and I don't think it;s wheels are good for this type of weather unless I want to use it in malls only. Which is not practical for me. I have never seen a jogging strollers before but they look perfect for this type of weather.

I think I will decide after today's meeting. Or buy a double first and when I take on one more child then I will go for the triple. I better keep an eye on them.

Waterloo day mom, that's a perfect idea to look for garage sales but it is winter now and no one is doing garage sales:(

Thank you all very much.
Cocoon

Play and Learn
12-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Cocoon, yes that's my double jogging stroller in my icon. It's from 2002 (an older model) and they don't seem to make them that big anymore. It seems that the triples are as big as my double nowadays as I bought a rain cover that was for a triple!

Good luck with the interviews! :)

momplus6
12-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Thats basically what I have a baby trend side by side double jogging stroller

sunnydays
12-22-2011, 07:56 PM
I was looking for a triple and it was a bit harder, but there were some on kijiji. I ended up going with the double because I use the kiddie board on the back and two walk (plus I can put a baby in my ergo carrier). However, I drive, so I don't have to push it in the snow. If I had to push in the snow, I would definitely go with something like a jogging stroller...look at the reviews before buying so you know if it is good in snow. If you are thinking of taking three pretty soon, you'd be better off buying a triple than having to buy both.

Cocoon
12-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Play and Learn, the interview went well. She was a first time mother and she didn't know what to ask or look for. She said she need care from beggining of January but she hasn't find a job yet so I'm not sure if she can start in beg. of jan.

She was very nervous. Bless her :)

As for the strollers, I've decided to go ahead with double and in the future if I take one more child then I can go with triple. I have found a double which has good reviews but as usual they sell thos ein US. I have found a website which sells those but not sure if the website is reputable. I will paste a link here please let me know if it is a reputable company to buy from.

Thank you very much.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all :)

Cocoon
12-23-2011, 11:16 AM
kangaroomama, I do want to take on 3 kids but right now I have 3 dck and 2 of them will start in January. One of them started begining of December and she just! got used to me. She is part time and we do have not so good days sometimes:) I was thinking of getting a double now as I don't knwo when I will have the third child into my care yet. And once I get the 3rd child then will buy triple and sell the double. I hope I will be in a better financial situation to effort :)

To be honest, I could not find a triple buggy so I'm kind a force to buy double and not take the third child until I'm finacially better. Please let me know where you have seen the triple once.

Thank you,
Cocoon

Cocoon
12-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Silly me I forgot to paste the link. :) There you go http://www.onlinesports.com/turismo-red-gray-swivel-wheel-double-jogger-stroller-from-schwinn.html

sunnydays
12-23-2011, 11:44 AM
I live in Ottawa and I found several on kijiji and used ottawa...maybe there are not as many in your area though. You have to keep checking every day. Best of luck to you!

Play and Learn
12-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Looks like a nice double jogging stroller Cocoon! I was just going to mention that you're going to want one that has a swivel wheel in the front (especially if looking for a triple).

Good luck - and hope you have a Merry Christmas!

momplus6
12-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Toys R Us or Costco should have some stollers similiar to that(I think Costco even has that brand). Toys R Us carries the Baby Trend one I have which is similiar but comes with two front tires.

Cocoon
01-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Still look out for double. :( My eyes are on Phil and Teds but they are way to expensive for a second hand! I may need to buy something for the time being and then if a decently priced Phill and Teds comes along go for that one and sell the old one i guess.

Thank you girls.
Cocoon

Judy Trickett
01-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Google your city and 'multiple birth association'. Usually multiple birth parents belong to some kind of association and there will be a classified section or forum on their site with stuff like strollers for sale.

Skysue
01-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Hello everybody!

I'm in need of a double(prefer Phil&Teds or something alike) and or triple buggy. I have checked on Kijiji but the prices are very high for used double. There is not much price difference, I might as well buy brand new one.

And about triple buggy, there is no ads whatsoever. I have checked few websites and the brand new once are $1000! I cannot afford to pay that much on a buggy right now and i was wondering if you guys know places that sell second hand double and or triple buggies?

Thank you in advance.

Cocoon :)

Hi Cocoon,

Just curious as to why it has to be Phil & teds?

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-baby-items-strollers-carriers-car-seats-Phil-and-Teds-Double-Stroller-W0QQAdIdZ343448181

The one above is for 350 and I thnk thats a great price, how much are you wanting to spend?

I have an evenflo one and it's great! I bit bulky but it only stays in the garage. We go on nature trails/bike paths to the beach almost every day in the summer and its still going strong!

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-tools-equipment-Stand-On-Double-Triple-Stroller-Brand-New-Unopened-W0QQAdIdZ337422320

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-baby-items-strollers-carriers-car-seats-Evenflo-Double-Stroller-1-year-old-W0QQAdIdZ329120774

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-baby-items-strollers-carriers-car-seats-BoB-Double-Stroller-Navy-W0QQAdIdZ343340544

Cocoon
01-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Skysue, It doesn't have to be the Phil and Teds. It's just I have been using that for long time and I feel comfortable and easy to push thats all. If I find something similar to that I'm OK. to buy that too. I'm not really a fan of side by side buggies.

I have just looked at the links you pasted on here. But I think $350 for a second hand and for an old version of Phil and Teds is too much. New ones are around $50- 70 over that price(well last time I checked). If I'm willing to spend $350 on an old version second hand I might as well spend bit more to get a brand new one.

How much is a reasonable price for a second hand front to back strollers?

And thank you Judy I'm going to search now.

Cocoon
01-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Oh boy, they are asking money to become a member :ohmy::no:

DaycareLulu
01-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I love my Graco Duo Glider http://trusca.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRUCA1-11142027t130.jpg You can even use it as triple by laying the back seat completly flat and sitting a small child all the way back and an older child between their legs. It is also quite good in the snow.

Cocoon
01-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm going to see this stroller "Graco Double Stroller ". What do you think of that brand?

DaycareLulu
01-07-2012, 01:06 PM
it's a good brand!

Skysue
01-07-2012, 02:07 PM
it's a good brand!

Graco brand is very sturdy and built to last!

Cocoon
01-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Thank you girls. I now am a proud Graco double stroller owner. :) I can't wait to use it.

Thanks again :)