PDA

View Full Version : Dcb Appt During Quiet time

ebhappydc
07-04-2017, 09:46 AM
A child today has Dr appt at 12:30 and I asked parents to bring him back after 2pm when quiet time done.... This delays them going back to work possibly and they need to stall with child but I don't really want to disrupt the kids here that are resting. He's not really the type that would go rest easily if they brought him back mid way. They said OK but I'm questioning if I'm being fair. What wyd? Tx

Lee-Bee
07-04-2017, 10:30 AM
Totally fair. A LOT of daycares have a 1 drop off rule meaning once they are picked up they cannot return the same day. Requesting they come back after nap time is completely fair. How old is the child? In my opinion unless the child is old enough to survive the day with no nap I would not accept them back they will be a mess for you for the remaining hours in care.

Suzie_Homemaker
07-04-2017, 04:59 PM
I agree that it totally fair. This not like home where each child have their own room. A child leaving or arriving during nap time disturbs the whole group. And it not fair they have their rest disturbs nor it fair to you who have a group of tired, grumpy children. I would have done same.

kindredspirit
07-04-2017, 06:17 PM
I have it written in my handbook, no pick up or drop off allowed between 1pm and 3pm. However, I have allowed them a bunch of times, all depending on which child and who is napping. I have the ability to separate nappers into separate rooms, but my dog will wake them all up if he is surprised. So I have to ok it beforehand, and they have to give me an exact time so I can put the dog outside and have the child ready. I think you have been fair to the parents. They wouldn't like it if it was their child being disturbed (and for some kids, would be ruining their evening, etc).

BlueRose
07-04-2017, 06:59 PM
I have a one drop off, one pick up per day rule. I also will not allow drop off during quiet time. I ask for no pick ups during quit time, but since I am operating in Ontario I legally can't deny parents access to their child at any time.

Peacefulbird
07-05-2017, 05:50 AM
I think everyone has a system that works best in their own case. I also am in Ontario and I have an "open door policy"; I get payed for my services as a chilcare provider so, it is up to the parents how they use it but, they must find us where ever we are during scheduled outings (playgroup, park, walk, home, etc); it could be a early pick up or late drop off or both at the same day. Also they have to let me know a day or two before this happens so my children are aware that a parent might drop by, or if a friend will be gone when they wake up from their nap. Depending on the hours the child to be picked up also gets ready. We do a lot outings and usually they nap very well, they do not wake up easy.