PDA

View Full Version : What is your nap area like?

mlc1982
02-24-2011, 12:01 AM
I want to make some changes to my overall day home set up and my sleep space is a top priority. What i would like to know is:

Do all kids sleep in the same room/area?

Do you have playpens for all kids or just sleep mats or cots?

Any info on this matter would be great. Thanks!

:

playfelt
02-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Right now my under age 2 are in pack n play playpens in family bedrooms and each is in a different room. The older ones use crib mattresses on the diningroom floor which is our mainfloor playroom area. I am generally on this level while they are sleeping. I am hoping to switch to actual cots soon as the mattresses have reached their lifespan.

Naftafia
02-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello, there is a similar thread under "daycare activities" titled "naptime advice please". Just thought you might want to check it out as good feeback was provided by a few people. :)

gcj
02-24-2011, 12:19 PM
under 2 I put them in playpens, after that I use crib mattresses,which I store under beds.
They all sleep upstairs in bedrooms. I seperate them as much as possible. Right now I have a new baby, so we're trying out some different combinations to ensure that everyone gets the best sleep possible, and I get the longest break/cleanup time possible!:D

busybee
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Right now I put the 2 smallest in playpens and the 2 year old on a crib mattress.They are all in the same room but because the 2 year old sleeps the longest i will get him to sleep first then the smallest one. My other little girl sleeps best in a bed so once the boys are asleep i take her and she sleeps in my bed.Wish she would sleep with the others but she is a princess and either needs to be on your shoulder to sleep then transfered or lay down with her for a few moments till she drifts off lol

mlc1982
02-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks! This has given me some food for thought! I'll check out the other thread as well.

mimi
03-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I have a seperate bedroom next to my basement play are. Each child has their own playpen and sleeps on a thick comforter. All ages sleep together in the room. If a child doesn't nap any longer, they rest of the couch in the playroom. I have a monitor in the room so I can always hear if someone wakes up.

Sandbox Sally
03-30-2012, 12:52 PM
I have four playpens. My two oldest daycare kids sleep in the same room in my basement (clean, dry basement :D), and the younger two sleep on the top floor of my home in my kids' room and my own room.

Inspired by Reggio
03-30-2012, 01:01 PM
I started out with a 'group sleep room' cause that is the way we did it in centre care and quickly decided it was not for me cause working from home I NEED everyone to have a nice nap so I can recharge my batteries ;)

I have two bedrooms upstairs with the pack-n-plays for the two youngest in the program to nap in and than I have 3 cots which are strategically placed upstairs ... one in the hallway between bedrooms, one on the first landing and another on the second landing ... no one can 'see' anyone else and I play quiet soothing music to drown out any tossing and turning sounds of the 'non nappers' ... everyone rests for at least an hour and if they are still awake after than they can get up and come down into the main floor to engage in quiet activities or lay on the couch and watch some TV if they are still wanting to 'rest' ... once everyone is awake than we move onto the afternoon routine ... this works awesome for me cause I have school age kids who are in kindergarten alternating days who still sleep here because between the music and restful body state they fall asleep.

Dreamalittledream
03-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Oh how I would love for a sleep room to work. I even have a room off the playroom that would be ideal. But, for now, they are each separated in pack n plays or beds in each of our 4 family bedrooms, 1 in the den and even 1 (he happens to be my nephew) in our huge master ensuite bathroom! A pain tripping over pack n plays in every room for sure, but it gets me a solid 2 hrs of nap time from each.

mom-in-alberta
03-31-2012, 03:09 AM
Playpens for the under 2 crowd. Over 2, a small airmattress on the floor or one of our beds, on top of the bedding, with their "own" blanket. I have not yet put more than one child in a room. I know it can be made to work, but I have often wondered how centres do it, with x-number of children in one room. How do the kids sleep? I guess they are coached/trained, just like any "non" nappers that we have?

Cadillac
03-31-2012, 08:37 AM
I have two bedrooms in my apartment. I separate which kids sleep where by putting heavy sleepers with criers and all the lighter sleepers together. However, I also sometimes have to separate children who fool around at nap time instead of napping (ie my two year old and her two best friends)

I just set up play pens in both areas and then collapse them after everyone has awoken.

Momof4
04-01-2012, 05:04 PM
My living room is my toyroom in the morning and my sleeproom in the afternoon. I have a toddler bed, a futon and cots and playpens so depending on the age group and size of the children they sleep in appropriate beds. We have to clean up all the toys after lunch and I set up all the beds then right after nap I have to take down all the beds so the children can play again after snacktime, so I have quite a job to do.

WAHM
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
I wish we had a nap room, but the children just sleep in their area/play room when it's quite time. The children range in age from 12 mths- 54 mths and we are trying to find some nap mats that are reasonably priced. The children who don't want to nap: color, play playdough or read quietly.

Momof4
05-02-2012, 04:45 PM
54 months? You're making my brain hurt! Math, ouch! I've never heard anybody say that before. You are too funny! Ok, that's um 4 1/4, right?

littlebugsdaycare
05-24-2012, 01:16 PM
I have a 1/2 and 1/2, the babies or anyone in a crib is in my sleep room and the beds are set up all the time, this room is attached to the toy room - the kids on cots are in the toy room. I have the cot room on video monitor so I can watch the kids to assure everyone is stay safe and put while I do the after lunch clean up.

littlebugsdaycare
05-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Playpens for the under 2 crowd. Over 2, a small airmattress on the floor or one of our beds, on top of the bedding, with their "own" blanket. I have not yet put more than one child in a room. I know it can be made to work, but I have often wondered how centres do it, with x-number of children in one room. How do the kids sleep? I guess they are coached/trained, just like any "non" nappers that we have?

my kids from day one have always shared a room, at one point when I started out all 5 daycare kids slept in their own pack and plays in the same room. They sleep like a dream, I have a radio in there that has classical music on (loud) and this teaches them to sleep with noise and they adjust quickly. When they first start I have them separated until they have adjusted to the idea of sleeping at daycare - once they self sooth at daycare they are moved into the sleep room.

apples and bananas
05-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I have 2 14 month olds and they sleep in play pens in 2 seperate family bedrooms. The other napper, my almost 2 year old is in the third bedroom in a pack n play. The family tried to transition him to a big boy bed at home, but he wouldn't stay put so back to the crib he went. So, I'm keeping him in his play pen for as long as I can! then I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have my play room on the main floor, but it's right off my tv room and I like to watch tv during my quiet time. I don't feel good leaving him upstairs to nap on a cot as I'm afraid I'll be up there every 10 minutes wondering if he's gotten into my daughters play make up lol.

I've only had little ones that slept in play pens so I'm very nervous about using cots.