PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated!

Skysue
12-27-2011, 02:11 PM
I have a daycare family that is really ticking me off! They showed up to my home today for care when it is a STAT?

I sent out an e-mail (Dec 16th) to all my parents stating that I’m taking the 26th & 27th as my stats. These parents e-mail me their weekly schedule every Sunday night and have always got back to me when I have sent e-mail! I e-mailed them back yesterday stating that I would be closed and they never responded?

These are the same parents that sent a complete stranger to pick up their child, took 5 hours to pick her up when she had the runs. They are usually late picking up and are my earliest drop off. I know what I need to do but I just need to vent as it really makes me angry.

Wish me luck and prayers for getting it done but this is my weakest trait. I hate, hate, and hate confrontation!

I have butterflies just thinking about it!

P.S I haven't been able to relax on my day off as well due to this :(

playfelt
12-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Total disrespect - as you said they always read the emails and chances are they read about the closer and read what you wrote last night and just chose to ignore it. Good for you for not agreeing to take them on short notice on your day off. The more we stand up for ourselves the less parents tend to think they can control.

mom-in-alberta
01-08-2012, 05:18 AM
I hope you said Buh-bye to these folks? :p

Momof4
01-08-2012, 03:01 PM
What horrible parents! Let me guess, they had the day off when they brought their child to you on the stat date?

I agree with the others, stand up for yourself and demand respect and get your ads up for a new family STAT!

carla
01-08-2012, 03:33 PM
also set up your email so you get a response back when it has been open then they can not say they did not get it

mamaof4
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Yikes! I can kinda see missing the email and accidentally showing up- but i would be so embarrassed and apologetic- this does not strike me as that kind of situation though