PDA

View Full Version : Statutory Holidays

Love&care
11-11-2017, 10:22 PM
I am working on my parent handbook - fees policies. Wondering how other caregivers do when the statutory holidays are on the weekends? Will you take extra day off on Monday? How do you write it properly?

Van
11-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Yes the Monday after a statutory holiday is the day I take off.

I wrote in my handbook .......When a Statutory Holiday falls on a weekend the daycare will be closed on the following Monday
Then I listed days the daycare will be closed from Jan 1st , Feb Family Day Easter Friday and Easter Monday etc.
It is a good idea to look up the calendar and mark in the dates of each holiday you are off so it is clear .

Busy ECE mommy
11-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Yes, I do the same as Van. I look up bank holidays to determine which day most of the world is taking as the replacement day for the holiday. I do a list of all paid stats for the full year for all clients so there is no confusion about which days are stats.

Suzie_Homemaker
11-12-2017, 08:55 PM
You have to have it clearly in your contracts if this is going to be your policy.

Mine lists out all the stats and public holidays, clearly states I will be closed, that these are paid days and if they fall on the weekend, I will be closed next business day in lieu. As long as that's clear, and disclosed when parents sign up, you are covered.