PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary?

little rascals
01-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Just wondering how you guys deal with immunization records. Should we as providers have a copy of their records with the registration form? I have three in my care at the moment and only one family has given me a copy. Should i reinforce this with the others?

mom-in-alberta
01-08-2012, 04:45 AM
I don't require them, personally. If a parent is immunizing, it's because they believe that will protect THEIR child. So it shouldn't be a concern. It has nothing to do with other kids, if you ask me.

playfelt
01-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I don't require copies and don't require the kids be vaccinated to be in my program. But then I don't have my own little ones in my program either. Personally I'm not so sure I am a fan of the new barrage of shots they give kids anyways so it is something I would never make an issue out of and would not take any parent that concerned about where the other kids were on their shots.

little rascals
01-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Ok thank you. Im pretty much on the same page. Im not that picky about getting all the shots. I put it as part of the registration form when i opened bc i seen it on all of the forms i looked at online and figured that it was necessary. I will be renewing my contract soon and think may remove it. Thanks again!

Momof4
01-08-2012, 02:37 PM
I have a question on my medical emergency forms regarding vaccinations but it's only so that if I ever had to call 911 the forms would be up to date. I believe it is every person's own private matter whether or not they vaccinate their children but I want to know so I am educated for the protection of the children in case another child comes down with something contagious.

carla
01-08-2012, 02:50 PM
it depends on what your provincial licencing act asks for. in alberta until a couple of years ago you were required to have a copy in place. now it is not a requirement as licensing has said if the child is in your care from a young age and it is years later it is a not valid so they no longer require a copy.