Hey folks, long time since I've been here.

I've had low enrollment for the past 8 months with only 2 children over 2yrs old.

I've since started two 1 year olds and both parents have left out/withheld significant information about food and sleeping which is a massive problem for their child transitioning into care and for me trying to deal with it with missing info.

1 family is seriously bad. Kid is on demand drinking bottles...14mths old. Won't sit to drink or lie down or be held....not that being held is even appropriate at 14 ms but anyway....they didn't tell me this until day 1 drop off.

Also told me at his interview he was fully weaned. 10 months at the interview. Turns out from age 6-7.5mths he only ate the powdered baby cereal and drank milk. Now he will only eat fruit, crackers and cheese. They feed him pureed fruit and vegetables and pureed meat and beans for protein.

He has a massive attachment issue with the bottle which is an added obstacle for settling into group care since I won't allow a child to carry a bottle.of.milk around with them in the playroom. Also he has zero ability to self sooth. He shouts for the bottle and won't sleep without a bottle.

I've spoken to Mum and Dad who are on board with removing a day bottles, morning and bedtime only. No purees and he sits at the dinner table with them and eats what they eat and if he doesn't want it, then he gets nothing else.

Second child's mother has been really upfront with me about so much stuff, but never told me that this child has never been put down to sleep awake and is rocked to sleep for naps and at bedtime. So sleep training is in order as a result. This child also has never had a routine period. Doesn't even have naptimes or meal times at home...just whenever!

I am frustrated and I've been somewhat spoiled the last few months with easy going preschoolers. I have a plan for both children so we will work through things, but the parent who withheld such a lot of info about the food and milk has really knarked me off. I'm just focusing on rectifying it at daycare, but I don't have a whole lot of faith in fixing the eating at this point. From conversations with his mother, it seems like they give him whatever he wants at any given moment in response to whining and if that is milk and bananas at every meal to keep him happy, then that's what they've done. Mum has told me as much.

Does anybody have any kind of parent questionnaire prior to accepting a child? I have a 3 page children's info form which asks about foods they love and dislike but does anyone ask far more specific info like weaning questions, any issues, ability to self sooth, routine for sleeping etc

I am just annoyed and wonder how more thorough initial investigation might have flagged these parents for what they are.....I know that sounds awful, but really I wouldn't have taken a child on who's parents did absolutely nothing to prepare him for group care and who parent in this way which conflicts with my caregiving style.

Any suggests how to avoid this in the future, or any more thorough screening methods.

Thanks