I have a daycare girl( almost 3 years) who has become very bossy and physically aggressive with peers over the last 3-4 months. This was not typical behaviour of this child prior to that( other than occasional instances) child is extremely verbal and can acknowledge her feelings quite easily with myself and other peers.
So mom starts telling me that child is being put to bed at 930-10 pm and wakes up at 5am, and is concerned that the 45 minutes to 1 hr nap here is ruining her sleep at home, and the sleep issue is apparently always the cause of her bossiness and aggression.
I have tried my best to keep the child awake, but she falls asleep and I wake her at 1 hr maximum. If she doesn’t have that short nap here she is so aggressive and defiant for the last 2 hours of the day before pickup.
I’m at a loss, because the child isn’t even being put to bed before 915 or 930 which in my opinion is too late for a 2 year old. They are often out running errands or at the park until 9 pm at night. Ultimately this child is averaging 8 hours or less at night.
I get that sleep deprivation may be contributing to her aggression, but I’m tired of it being my fault. She needs to be put to bed earlier and I’ve expressed that many times. It’s very difficult to tell a parent how to be a parent without coming off offensive.
So if I completely remove the nap, I get the aggressive kid for the rest of the day, as well as the morning too from poor sleep at night.
Getting very frustrated as she’s more work than the infants and needs constant shadowing all day.
Any suggestions are welcome please!