Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Buying private daycare with 14 kids and more. Question for expense write-off/deductib

Hi,
    There an daycare on sale with currently 14 kids and we would like to buy it. I live in Montreal, QC.

I got some question regarding expense write-off and tax deduction.
    I was reading the Revenue Canada and also the Revenue canada.

For the Revenue Canada, i only see Home daycare. not a commercial daycare with more then 5 kids. Does this apply to my daycare for expense I can deduct since it only mention Home Daycare. Mine is not in an home, but in an office building.
    https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-age...your-home.html

Revenue Quebec for small business mention i can do some deduction expense:
    https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citiz...ting-expenses/

So i am trying to find out exactly what expense i can deduct/write off.

Also, they provide me with their financial result. In the financial result, there is no row for expense deduction/write-off, like telephone, electricity, etc..

I presume for a financial result, you normally put your revenue, all expense and that it.

thanks!

Euphoric !
    CRA's home day care guide allows totally different write offs and tax deductions than it would for a commercial, licensed, day care center. Everything is different.

You'll need to have proper business records/accounts which are connected to your business name which is registered in your province and has a BIN # - Business identification number. Personally, I'd be interviewing/finding an accountant/book-keeper and asking them. Odd are you'll need their services anyway.

That's all the help I can offer. This forum is home based day care so none of us will have commerical day care centers. Good luck.