Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

DCD Says “Too old for naps now”

I have one dad of a 3 year old (just turned 3) DCB who just this morning made a comment in regards to my nap times that “yeah, he doesn’t really need to nap anymore. He’s a big boy now!” & now this little boy has been saying all morning that “my dad says I don’t need naps anymore”. This comment was in reference to specifically my schedule here, & wasn’t a general statement.

Some context: Mom is participating in a charity run today & dad is off early & DCB will be picked up around 1-1:30 so they can all attend. Now I know a lot of daycares don’t allow pick ups during nap times, but I don’t mind accommodating this ONCE IN A WHILE, & today I had mentioned that I would have him quietly entertain himself with books & puzzles until then. Then his comment followed. This particular DCB is generally quiet & easy going & rarely ever puts up a fuss & just does what’s expected of him so I know this wouldn’t be an issue for him.

Normally I don’t have much interaction or communication with the dad, mom is the one I usually am in contact with. Dad does drop offs but they’re 30 seconds & he’s in & out the door so we don’t speak that much. I know mom has never mentioned anything about having issues with nap times & shes generally great with following the rules & abiding by the current policies they both agreed to. I kind of figured that he probably didn’t read the handbook himself, otherwise he would know that rest times here aren’t negotiable.

I’m in a pickle about what to do, or if this should even be brought up? I don’t want to bring it up because I feel I would then be inviting their input in this aspect of our daycare routine. & rest times here are non negotiable. I have a feeling my comment suggested that this was a regular possibility. I don’t have the space or supervision available to accommodate children who don’t join in our rest time.
    Last edited by 935; 08-20-2019 at 12:28 PM.