Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shy
    They're a little older now but they couldn't walk when they first came (all around the same time, 5 part timers) and I love them, I found out I like the little ones best. Although I thought it would be tough, I found it way easier than I had expected it to be. I'm sure you'll find your ways soon too! Good luck

Expansive...
    Thanks guys. This makes me feel much better and has given me a lot to think about.
    One of my concerns is that I have 2 other children who are 2.5-3 year old so I don't want them to suffer if I have to give 80% of my attention to the babies.

My immediate reaction was to say No way but this has been some good advice. Thanks

Euphoric !
    If the babies have morning naps, it is great because then you can spend that time doing activities geared to the older ones. That's what I am doing now and it is working really well. And actually, aside from the first weeks of adjustment, I find the babies actually need less attention than the toddlers and preschoolers. The entertain themselves quite easily while the older ones seem to always be doing something that needs my attention or wanting me to read to them, play with them, etc. Honestly, my two that are under 1 are the easiest of the whole group

Quote Originally Posted by Spixie33 View Post
    Thanks guys. This makes me feel much better and has given me a lot to think about.
    One of my concerns is that I have 2 other children who are 2.5-3 year old so I don't want them to suffer if I have to give 80% of my attention to the babies.

My immediate reaction was to say No way but this has been some good advice. Thanks

Shy
    I too have two infants under 18 months. I love it. They play and babble to eachother. Everything is scheduled and planned for them so no mixups. I wouldnt do much more then two however. Not enough hands!!

Starting to feel at home...
    I have four one year olds at the moment. 3 full-time and 1 part-time and I am loving it. They can all walk now and it helps having the choo choo wagon so we can still go for walks without them all running off in different directions. The first of own four kids were twins so I knew kinda what I was in for.

Outgoing
    When I first started home daycare, my daughter was 6mths. I also had an 8 mth old, a 4 mth old and a 9 mth old. It was actually pretty easy since they all napped in the morning and in the afternoon.

Outgoing
    Yup, I had 2 12 month olds start at the same time just this past fall. It's busy but very doable. Your days go by fast. Right now I have enrolled in my daycare..

1-12 month old
    2- 16month olds
    1-2 year old
    1-2.5 year old (starting Feb. 1)
    1- 4 year old.

When the 2-12 month olds started I had 4 kids here under 2...it was fine but you have know you can handle it. I was very very busy and nap time was a saving grace but I knew I could handle it. Now everyone is walking except the 12 month old and he is fairly close.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

This is all so encouraging, come spring I will have 3 x 1 year olds! My own daughter 12mnths, another girl 12 mnths, and another girl 15 months. Also my own boy who's 3.

I think it's going to be very sweet for the 3 girls to grow up together BFF's!

Yep I've had 3 under 18mos and it was great! I really love the little ones, I find it's easier to deal with multiple little ones than trying to toilet train 3 at the same time!
    Not the babysitter!

Euphoric !
    I started out with 5 children all under age 1 and it was like assembly line daycare, change them all, feed them all, put them all to bed and start again. But it turned out as they grew together at age 2 and 3 and 4 it was fantastic with all of them having the same needs and interests. We were able to have some great fieldtrips to the ambulance, firehall, art galleries, playdates by taking the bus, splashpads.

Now that the oldest 3 have moved on and I have taken in 3 younger children over the past year I'm back to 3 in diapers, 2 who can't walk or talk and 2 three year olds I'm finding it quite a challenge with the age differences for crafting, field trips we can't make anymore and menu planning. I really prefer to have all the children close in age and now I see that starting them as babies together works great.