Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Navigating ages of children and legal limits

Hello,

I am just starting out a home daycare and getting a lot of inquiries and interest. I am not sure if I am putting too much thought into this question or not.
    In Manitoba we can have 2 children under 2, and 2 over 2. If I have an 18 month old, and 2 over 2, will I have to "fire" (for lack of better words) the 18 month old in 6 months when he is 2, so that I am not over the limit? What do you do in these situations?
    Or do you very strategically plan out what ages you will have, and when?

Thank you.

I am in BC but it is the same answer - the guidelines are telling you what the youngest possible age grouping you can have is: Child 1 = 0mos, Child 2= 0mos, Child 3= 24mos, Child 4 =24mos. So you can have 3 kids over 2, but that doesn't mean you still get 2 under 2, it just means now you can only have 1 under 2.