Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Looking for advice on opening a home daycare

Ottawa area:

So I’m considering opening an unlicensed home daycare

I’m not an ECE, but have years of experience nannying (both full and part time), have supplied in a licensed Ontario daycare, have most of a teaching degree, am bilingual.

I left the childcare field about five years ago (having considered becoming an ECE because I was concerned about being able to financially support myself).

Is that enough experience to make this work on a business level? Do I 100% need an ECE in order to attract clients? I qualify for the accelerated/condensed program but that involves needing care for my own child and the money isn’t there.

I have one child of my own at home (a toddler). We are also renters, so concerns on affording a big enough rental in Ottawa to actually run a home daycare?

Thoughts? Any advice you wish you’d have been given starting out??
    Last edited by KoaTree; 12-09-2019 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Clarity