Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Changing an agreement

Hi there,
    I’m new to this forum but have been reading it for years!
    My question is:
    I enrolled a family in January who wanted a flexible 4 days a week schedule so I agreed they could pay for 4 days and I would hold 5.
    Come June, I have more changes and feel that this arrangement won’t be good.
    Can I tell them they can have 4 days but they have to be consistent or pay for 5? Is it ok to do this after the agreed upon schedule?
    Thanks!

Yes, however, there is a possibility that they might terminate care. You can say that you are restructuring your business.

Here they would either paid for 4 set days/week or for 5 days and can use as many or as little as they want each week. I don't hold a day for free.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I only offer set days.
    If they use each of the weekdays at least once in the month, then that is full time 5 day a week fees.
    You can’t give a day a week away for free.
    I would just revise the contract with lots of notice, but be prepared that they may leave.
    Keep your options open, and interview just in case.

Shy
    You need to change your contract to suit your needs as much as they want to suit their needs. If you are changing in June, this in lots of notice and in my opinion is fair. If you like the family and want to keep them, maybe make all the necessary changes upfront so that a few months from now you don't make more changes. Maybe they'll stay, maybe they'll leave but if you are set on making the changes, then you need to do what is best for your business.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by JARS View Post
    You need to change your contract to suit your needs as much as they want to suit their needs. If you are changing in June, this in lots of notice and in my opinion is fair. If you like the family and want to keep them, maybe make all the necessary changes upfront so that a few months from now you don't make more changes. Maybe they'll stay, maybe they'll leave but if you are set on making the changes, then you need to do what is best for your business.
    I just wanted to ask this.

I feel bad because I don’t normally agree to these things but at the time it didn’t matter too much as I had the room. Bad judgement. Lol

You can change it with the same notice as terminating care, that way they have the option to accept it, but can also choose to end care.

Euphoric !
    I don't accept rotating shift client's unless they pay for the full week. They can use all 5 days or not as they wish but it solves these issues.

I would give them notice of a change in your business model and let them decide if they can make it work or not.

Appreciate your business and your time. If you don't do this you will use others for your own purposes