Quote Originally Posted by Fearlessbaby View Post
This is an emergency and we need to be treated fairly while being flexible with parents. I had one parent who was part time (2 days a week) pull her child out the 2nd week in March. She told me he will no longer come to the daycare in April and can't afford to pay as his dad lost his job due to the virus. I was fine with that. I've chosen to stay open. 2 parents have not been bringing their children. In April, I will only have 1 child. My question is: Do I charge the other parents for the April fees, even though their children aren't coming? I need some advice, because I'm torn.
I guess it depends. My understanding is, parents are also finding it hard to balance their work (from home now) with taking care their kids, in many cases it also influences their production.

In your case, obviously not your fault but, you do not have their kids in care and also your expenses are reduced (food, water etc).

My suggestion would be to discuss with them and negotiate. But, if they can't pay then there is absolutely nothing else to do. It's a very challenging situation for everyone.

As they mentioned hopefully the government can help us out somehow.