Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Reducing number of kids: Who do I let go?

In my contract, I state that I reserve the right to vacate spots in order "to care for my own family". This is stated relatively vaguely, in order to accommodate reducing numbers when i eventually have my own baby, or to look after children in my family (my own future children/nephews/nieces/brothers/sisters). I did not state how I would choose which kids would be asked to leave. I used to look after my nephew, until my second nephew was born, and now I want to look after both nephews again now that they need daycare. How do I pick which kids keep? Part time? Full time? Longest attending kids? Best parent-provider relationship? Easiest kid?

Euphoric !
    I find this very distasteful and unprofessional. It's one thing to have to reduce day care children because YOU have a new baby but to care for your nephews, I think that's really bad. Why wouldn't you just tell your family member that you don't have 2 spaces currently?

@Suzie_Homemaker, I'm a little offended that you've called me names. It is what is best for me and my family - perhaps you do not have the same type of relationship with your family as I do, or perhaps it is not how you would choose to do things, but this is what is best for my family. Furthermore, I have expressed thoroughly to all my daycare families what my priorities are, and they have chosen to come to me. The question was, how do I choose which person to let go, as I have expressed I am having a difficult time knowing how to choose, not whether or not you believe my practice is distasteful.