Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home... little rascals's Avatar

The best way to advertise???

I am from edmonton alberta and having trouble finding families to join dayhome. I rely on kijiji mostly but havent had any responses in a long time.

Does anyone one have any suggestions on how I can advertise?

Euphoric !
    I have friends who help me out advertising at big companies on their electronic boards so that everyone within the company sees the ad. Hospitals, universities, factories and industries, businesses like large life insurance companies or banks. Use your families and friends as resources to spread the word about your daycare.

Euphoric !
    I use Kijiji and this site for online ads. I have also put ads in the local papers, advertised via Facebook (through my status updates or by creating a group and inviting people), and when all else fails, I use old-fashioned paper flyers. Put them at the grocery store, or local big box stores (most of them have an ad space), in the library, at local hot spots for moms/kids (ie; playspaces, or swimming pools).
    And don't forget word of mouth!! Let everyone you know, know that you have space(s) available.
    Good luck!

Euphoric !
    Great advice mom-in-alberta! When you are new and trying to get your daycare noticed don't miss the prime advertising tricks - put your flyer or business card into Hallowe'en bags for children in your neighbourhood, at the schools, library, local variety store bulletin boards. Vistaprint is one company where you can order these things for very little money, but you can probably find other places in your city.

I agree that daycarebear has been the site where I have had the most inquiries from parents. Make sure you have a website that you link in your ads. My website has been a big selling feature since I created it and I would never do without one again.