Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

View Poll Results: Petition to increase maximum number of children in LNR to 3 & RLNR to 4

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Petition to increase the maximum number of children in care for LNR & RLNR

Hi everyone,

I am a childcare provider with over 14+ years of experience.
    I am a very caring, enthusiastic, responsable, dependable, loving mother of one and aunt to 6 adorable children. I have been blessed to be around children for most part of my life. Being a single mother and being able to work from home gives me the ability to do something I love, earn an income to provide for my daughter and gives me the flexibility to drop her off and pick her up from school. Being able to do this as a living has been a blessing since it allows me to be there for my child especially since her father is unreliable and inconsistent.

My main focus is to always provide Quality Childcare, create a clean, safe, loving, welcoming, accepting environment for children in my care.

I have taken all the required trainings and have all my documents/certificates up to date, I have provided care in my home as a LNR & RLNR.

It is very difficult to live in Vancouver with 1 income, it has become more expensive and in order to provide affordable childcare I think it would be helpful qnd reasonable to request an increase for the maximum number of children allowed for LNR & RLNR

I believe that everyone in here is providing quality care, offers long hours of care, loves what they do and perhaps feels the same way about (2 children) maximum isn't enough income.

Is there a reason why LNR & RLNR are allowed the same number of children(2) even though you are required to invest more and go through an interview process, home, inspections, etc.
    while License daycares are allowed (7)

I was wondering if anyone has thought the same thing and would be interested in perhaps creating a petition to increase the maximum number of children allowed in care.

My petition suggestion is to increase the number of children in care for LNR to 3 children maximum
    RLNR to 4 children maximum

Licensed can stay the same.

I feel that this would be a huge help for Childcare providers everywhere.

I'm interested in your thoughts and if anyone else is also interested in being part of a petition to increase the maximum number of children allowed please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Vancover is tough to survive. If you ever feel like a move I’m building a new child care facility in kitimat and will be also building new homes free for Employees.