Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Hyper active children and how to deal with them?

I have two boys in my day care,one is over 4 and the other is almost 4 years old.
    They play mostly nice, but are typical boys..very playful and active.The thing is they are so loud all the times.One likes to bang things all the time,and the more loud the better for him,likes to knock toys down,kick stuff and such..I tried to distract him and implement story times,group games but he is not interested into anything very much,just likes to run and do damage if pessible.
    Any ideas please?

Shy
    Too bad nobody wants to share their experience,I guess there are many with the similar issues but no one is willing to talk about it and get other peoples ideas

Shy
    Sorry I have not had such an experience but in case of something I know how to deal with it!

1. Changing the environment:

- study the neuropsychological characteristics of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder;

- work with a hyperactive child individually. A hyperactive child should always be in front of the teacher's eyes, in the center of the class, right at the blackboard.

- the optimal place in the classroom for a hyperactive child is the first desk in front of the teacher's desk or in the middle row;

- change the lesson mode with the inclusion of physical education minutes;

- allow a hyperactive child to get up and walk in the class horse every 20 minutes;

- give your child the opportunity to quickly contact you for help in case of difficulty;

- direct the energy of hyperactive children in a useful direction: wash the board, distribute notebooks, etc.

2. Creating positive motivation for success:

- enter a sign rating system;

- praise your child more often;

The lesson schedule should be constant;

- avoid overstating or understating the requirements for a student with ADHD;

- introduce problem-based learning;

- use the elements of the game and competition in the lesson;

- give tasks according to the child's abilities;

- break large tasks into consecutive parts, controlling each of them;

- create situations in which a hyperactive child can show their smolny qualities and become an expert in the classroom in certain areas of knowledge;

- teach your child to compensate for impaired functions at the expense of preserved ones;

- ignore negative behaviors and encourage positive ones;

- build the learning process on positive emotions;

- remember that you need to negotiate with the child, and not try to break it!

3. Correction of negative behaviors:

- promote the removal of aggression;

- teach the necessary social norms and communication skills;

- regulate his relationship with his classmates.

4. Managing expectations:

- explain to parents and others that positive changes will come, not as quickly as we would like;

- explain to parents that the improvement of the child's condition depends not only on special treatment and correction, but also on a calm and consistent attitude.

Remember that touch is a powerful stimulator for shaping behavior and developing learning skills. A touch helps anchor a positive experience. An elementary school teacher in Canada conducted an experiment with touch in his classroom, which confirms what was said. The teachers focused on three children who broke discipline in the classroom and did not hand in their homework notebooks. Five times a day, the teacher would casually meet these students and touch them on the shoulder, speaking in a friendly manner: "I approve of you," When they broke the rules of behavior, the teachers ignored it as if they didn't notice. In all cases, during the first two weeks, all students began to behave well and hand over notebooks with homework.

Remember that hyperactivity is not a behavioral problem, not the result of poor parenting, but a medical and neuropsychological diagnosis that can only be made based on the results of a special diagnosis. The problem of hyperactivity cannot be solved by strong-willed efforts, authoritarian instructions and beliefs. A hyperactive child has neurophysiological problems, which he cannot cope with on his own. Disciplinary measures of influence in the form of constant punishments, comments, shouts, notations will not lead to an improvement in the child's behavior, but rather, on the contrary, will worsen it. Effective results of correction of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder are achieved with an optimal combination of drug and non-drug methods, which include psychological and neuropsychological correction programs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Townsmen For This Useful Post:

Hello, I want to express my gratitude for the outstanding services I received for writing literature review writing . The team not only delivered a literature review that thoroughly covered the relevant literature but also provided valuable insights and recommendations for my research. Their professionalism and dedication to delivering high-quality work were evident throughout the entire process. I highly recommend this service to researchers and academics seeking reliable literature review support.