Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm furious!!!

Outgoing

I'm furious!!!

Today I was looking at kijiji and found that one lady copied exactly! my ad. and just changed the name and how many kids she wants to look after. The rest is exactly the same. I'm so angry at her. I have reported the ad. to kijiji and send her an email that that is very unprofessional of her and let her know that I reported her.

Why can't they be honest and spend few minutes to write their own? I wouldn't mind if she take my ad. as an example but copying whole ad. and just changing the name...? So unfair!

Cocoon

what's the link? I'll report it too! Dumbasses like that should not be in business.

Expansive...
    Ugh I know how you feel.
    Last year I took a daycare course with another provider and she was planning on opening a daycare some time in the future.
    Sure enough a few months after her ad came up on certain sites and she had copied entire sentences of my ad.
    It was pretty upsetting even though she didn't copy the whole thing but it was similar and there were at least 4=5 sentences exactly the same.
    Even worse...I see her at playgroups we both go to and it is a struggle to see her and not say something at times.

I know how you feel. Your case sounds much worse. good luck. Hopefully now she will change it once she sees your message

This happened to me too last year. She didn't copy my ad verbatim, but EVERYTHING was there, including things that I said that set me apart from other daycares. It was to the letter. Instead of getting angry, I emailed her and said that it looked like we had similar philosophies and maybe we should get together some time. She responded, and it was all very nicey nice. We see each other regularly at drop in now, and although I have never called her on it, she knows that I know, and that's enough for me.

Oh, and I am always full, and she is always looking for new kids. I send her my cast offs. LOL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Alphagetti you always but such a smirk in my face (like the kid that said naner naner naner in school) Cocoon...as for your post I see "copies of my ads" all over kijiji. I focused on the fact that we are a family daycare with two parents, the fact that I have a handbook and things of that nature--now I see dayhomes in my area starting websites and getting volunteers to help out with outings and crafts like me....

It bugs me too, but in the end you have to choose your battles..... But in this case I would not take it laying down

Outgoing
    Thank you all. What annoys me is she basicaly copy and paste the whole ad!!! Here is the link Play and Learn

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-chil...AdIdZ349063334

Cocoon, maybe she took the hint, as the ad is no longer available!

Yes I tried to check it out and got the same

Euphoric !
    That's so lazy and downright rude! I wonder if she has a website that she has stolen from other people too.

Expansive...
    Maybe she's on this site! LOL

Take it as a big compiment at the end of the day due to the fact that your ad is great! At least copy an ad from another province! LOL