Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator Starting to feel at home... admin's Avatar

If you won the lottery...

Hello everyone,

What would you do if you won the lottery (we're talking of a major jackpot!) ?
    Would you continue doing what you do now ?
    Give it all away to charity ?
    Pack-up and go live on an exotic island ?

I would not have my daycare - but keep the little girl I currently have (as she's like a niece to me). Keep my dance school. Travel to all the places I'd love to go. And have 4 kids!!!!

Outgoing
    I would quit doing daycare and travel. I'd hire a tutor that would travel with us so the kids could come too and do their school at the same time.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

If I won the lottery, I would first pay off all of our debt. Then I would put money away for all of my children's college/university tuition. I would give some to my sister and her hubby and my mother and mother in law.

The rest - hubby and I would take a nice extended trip somewhere. Buy a new house with a TON of property and just live off the interest.

YES, I would quit daycare and help DH fullfill his dream of running his own landscaping business - I would probably work the books for his business!

Euphoric !
    If I won the lottery...mmmm....fi rst pay off my credit card, put money away for university for my 3 kids, pay off my siblings' and closest friends' mortgages then we'd be so outta here! Off to Central America to do the orphanage work I want to do so much and spend my off time in the little rustic house I bought in the Belize Cays. Yup....that sounds pretty good!

If I won the lottery, I would buy the property next door for my daycare centre! I really love children, and I like being my own boss. It is important to me to know that there is a safe, loving, fun, exciting, educational, and imaginative place for them to be. But sometimes, I wish it wasn't in my home.

Starting to feel at home...
    I would buy a hobby farm! I want to keep chickens, ducks, turkeys, goats & sheep, and a cow or two. And have a HUUUUUUUUUGE vegetable garden!
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

Shy
    OMG!!! I LOVE these dreams! I would pay off all my debts even my mortage and then leave for a while till it died down as you would have friends and family you did not even know you had calling plus all the charities out there. When I come back I would invest some of it, put money away for my 3 children and my nephew's future, buy my Mom and brother a house as well as my family a detached home (we live in a townhouse right now which don't get me wrong is great BUT those monthly maintenance fees are crazy) and then my biggest dream would come true......
    Open my own daycare center and only hire the best of the best teachers and pay them well so they stay for ever with me and it would be the top of the line best center ever!!!!! Even my staff room would have lounge chairs with the massage things right in there and a fitness room with a towel boy oh wait I think I am mixing up my dreams.....LOL!
    But you have to buy a ticket in order to win so that could be where I am going wrong!
    Love: Mrs. Laurie

Euphoric !
    I would pay off the mortgages on our home, as well as my mom-in-law, dad-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and hubby's 2 step-siblings. My mom is in an independent living home, I am not sure whether I would move her to a nicer place or buy her a condo and a live-in caregiver.
    Admittedly, I would not continue to do home childcare. But that's because I wouldn't plan to "work" at all!! :P I would travel, probably for a couple years straight, to cross a bunch off the "list". I would have to bring a tutor for the kiddos. Then we would settle down, and my kids could go to a local private school that I've been eyeing up. I could do all the charity and benefit work that my heart desired, and be a 100% full time mommy. My hubby could do.... whatever he wanted, hahaha.
    Hmmmm. Had no idea how clearly I could envision it, until I started typing it out!!