Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I usually take a pic if it needs attention and text photo to parent. Last week I had a girl fall into the wall and split open the skin by her eye. I sent photo and left it up to parents to decide if they wanted to pick up. They didn't. If it was my own child we wouldn't have gone to the doc over it either. They had an appt for her that night anyways. She ended up with a butterfly stitch on it.

If it's just a bump or scrape I usually just send a text and let mom know what happened.

Euphoric !
    I do the same as Mickyc. I take a picture and send it to the parent. If I don't require immediate pick up, I leave the decision to them and they can decide if they want to pick up or not. If it's just a minor bump/bruise than no I don't but for accidents that cause broken skin, bleeding etc than I send a pic.

I have an incident report for any accident that results in a bruise/mark/bump/blood/bandaid. This is just to cover my own butt really. It includes the date and time of accident, child's name, where it happened (playroom, kitchen, outside etc), what happened, what I did for medical attention (sometimes it's just a little TLC), and I get the parent to sign it after reading (usually at end of day pick up as I have only had one incident that the parent came immediately).

When I worked in centres they had us also pinpoint on a diagram of the body where the markings were. I haven't included this in mine yet but do write "mark about an inch long on left side of forehead" or wherever it is.