Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    It's so funny that a lot of people think that teeth (having them, and how many) have to do with starting solids/table food. All my kids (so far) have been late teethers. My oldest daughter didn't have any teeth AT ALL until 14 1/2 months. She was eating regular table food by her first birthday, we just had to cut her food up bite size a little longer than usual. If you think about it, we do the actual chewing with our back teeth, which most kids don't get until 1 1/2 to 2 anyway. Can you imagine if we kept kids on soft foods that long!!??
    Anyway, I also thought, what about having a treat like juice popsicles or something? Not exactly winter fare, I know, but that might even be part of the fun!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I agree with you about the teeth Mom-in-Alberta, because I have friends who are providers who tell horror stories about children who are 2 and still eating pureed food. It seems like a whole lot of work to puree all that food when they don't have to do it. That's exactly what I do, just cut the food really small for the 1 year olds.

Euphoric !
    I know...he doesn't have any teeth so the parents think he can't eat anything. I did try to give them some ideas about starting with puffs and well-cooked veggies, etc, but they don't seem ready to try it. Although I know he could eat real food (my kids were late teethers and ate just fine with no teeth), I am not going to push the issue. It is their choice and hey, they are providing his food, so I guess I should just see it as one less kid to feed. I think I will skip it and just give him his little gift and tell the parents it's because he isn't eating real foods yet. I definitely won't give him anything that the parents haven't authorized as that is opening myself up to huge liability if something happens...not worth it! Eventually he will either get some teeth or they will get tired of pureeing...as long as I don't have to puree it I am okay with it. I think the only thing that worries me is that when he does start eating table food, he may be more prone to choking because he isn't used to it...but I am sure his parents will start him very slowly