Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expansive...

Kids show characters

There are some that drive me up the darn wall- those are of course the characters that my kids seem to adore! Which kids shows make you want to scream?

Outgoing
    Caillou and In the Night Garden...oh and those men in spandex (4 square I think it is). I don't really allow TV time at my daycare, but the odd nasty day out I will put on treehouse, unless those shows are on. I find Caillou is whiny and teaches bad behaviours...In the night garden makes no sense to me whatsoever...just a bunch of grunting noises, again doesn't teach anything of value to the children.

Starting to feel at home...
    I agree Caillou is horrible!

Expansive...
    Awwwww....caillou is kinda sweet

I agree aboit 4 square. Seriously - I can't believe those people and how they can keep a straight face. It makes me want to cover my eyes and plug my ears.

I agree about the Night Garden too

Rolie Polie is annoying

I always thought Franklin was kind of a bratty/whiney kid

Outgoing
    As I was thinking more about this post, there are more shows that I don't like my children or the daycare children to watch than there are 'good/appropriate' shows lol

Euphoric !
    Barnie!!!! I detest Barnie and NEVER put it on for my kids or the dck's. We don't watch TV much...maybe a half hour every couple of days, but I always put on TVO kids...none of the shows annoy me, they are all somewhat educational and they are aimed at preschoolers/toddlers. My kids' favourite is Monkey See Monkey Do

Outgoing
    My son is in LOVE with Night Garden. But hes 21 months old, so its right up his alley with weirdness. I dont mind it. Upsey Daisy's song is cute...Aka Packa is cute too...Oh god, now I have the songs in my head!!

The Cat in the Hat strikes me as a tad perverted. Dont ask, I just think its odd these two kids follow around a grown cat (man) and play with the buttons in his thingamabobber. "Your mother will not mind at all if you do!!"...creepy.

Dora. Hate it. mostly only because of Map's EXTREMELY whiney voice. Gotta turn that one off too!

Finally..
    I love SuperWhy!! on PBS Kids. Its the only show everyone enjoys and dances to the songs. My son is learning his letters right now and loves pointing to them on the tv screen. Its very educational and cute.
    And nobody can dis Sesame Street. Huge Elmo fan here!

Euphoric !
    We do the treehouse tv thing from 6:30 every morning till more kids get here and yes we start with cat in the hat at 6:30 - needless to say I bury myself in my computer. Agree that 4 square is awful. My gang was actually huge Barney fans and I mean huge. Only on now if you go to rogers on demand which is ok since I can pick the time I need it to be such as while I am in the kitchen making lunch and don't have to watch but know they are all glued to the set. The problem with my gang and tv is each one has things they like and don't like. Other than a couple that watch infomercials if that is what is on most would come and go and watch only their favourite shows but it would then have to be on all day to accommodate. My daughter listens to treehouse music when we are busy in the playroom - she is 19 and special needs so doesn't really play with us all that much but I have one that if it gets too busy in the playroom will retreat in to listen with her - and will sit and stare at the screen even though it goes black and just sound comes out like it's a radio.

Outgoing
    Caillou has been banned here since the kids started whining like him....
    Nothing beat good old Sesame Street, but my kids aren't that into it?!?!?

Euphoric !
    Caillou needs a serious time out... that kid makes me crazy. Franklin needs some help making better choices, as he seems to consistently screw up the same things. In The Night Garden/ Teletubbies/ Boobas, etc make me wonder if someone "slipped something" into my morning coffee. (But the kids LOVE them!!)
    I sort of like 4Square, lol. Admittedly a poor choice in costumes, though! Avert your eyes.
    I LOVE the Backyardigans for some reason. I have caught myself watching it without any children around! I don't mind Cat In The Hat... at least, I didn't! But now I am more than a little creeped out.