Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Providing Breakfast cost?

Hey everyone,
    So I have a little girl who is starting next week (my 1st week too). She is starting EARLY (6:15 am). I told her mom it's ok for her to bring her breakfast and I will feed her here with my kids at 7:30. If my kids are going to be eating then she's going to want to eat with them anyway. Plus I couldn't imagine feeding my LO's at 5:30 am. If I were to offer providing breakfast since I'm making it for my LO's anyway what should I charge?

I'm in Manitoba. I am charging $28 per day which is pretty average. I include snacks and lunches. I really don't want parents bringing much because I'm afraid of all the kids fighting over different meals, one may have broccoli while the other has cookies sort of thing. I also don't want to be heating up 5 different meals.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Sheena

Euphoric !
    I actually provide breakfast for free...but then, I charge $42 per day. If I were to charge I would probably add about $2 a day for it.

Euphoric !
    I have two prices for breakfast $10 a week which is $2 a day for situations like you have in that I would rather the child got an extra half hours sleep and ate at my house than came tired and cranky. And I have a rate of $15 a week which is $3 a day for situations where I think the family is just being lazy ie arrives between 7-7:30. I do not serve breakfast to anyone arriving after 7:30 cause that is a family really being lazy. We do snack early so as long as the parents give them something in the morning they will be fine till snack.

I only offer the pay me option and not the you may supply option because they only supply part of the meal as in bring a baggie of dry cereal and expect me to put milk on it or bring a slice of bread and expect me to toast, butter and put jam on it which ends up costing me money. So if you choose not to give your child breakfast you may purchase the service from me up till 7:30.

I'm also in MB. I do offer breakfast to the kids but they sometimes have already eaten by the the time they get here if they were up early. I charge $25 a day which is the going rate in our town. I live in a small town and haven't heard too often of anyone charging more than that. I do also provide snacks and lunches.

Euphoric !
    I charge the same price no matter what hours people use and I offer a full breakfast to any children who arrive by 8am, so right now that is usually 3 of the 5 children. I would rather give these children a nutritious breakfast than have them arrive eating junk and all sugared up for the day.

I am finding most dayhomes in Winnipeg are starting to charge a little more and not providing lunches or snacks. So at $28 per day I'm feeling like I spending a lot of that on groceries. I am providing very healthy food and spending a lot of time preparing it. I have given the Mom the choice of bringing her LO's breakfast or paying an extra $2 a day for it. I am thinking that's pretty fair, especially since they are dropping her off at 6:15 am!!

Thanks for all your advice!