Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...
    I am in Orleans too. Im close to Place D'Orleans off of jean Drac and Champlian. So not too far from you. I opened up in early 2010 and love every min of it. Right now in my care I have a 13 month old, 2 @ 2 1/2 yr old, 6yr old b/a then my two 3 1/2 & 6.

I am in the Britannia/Lincoln Heights are. I opened October 2012 and am a member of the CCPRN.

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    Hi everyone! I'm in Orleans as well ~ in Cardinal Creek (by Innes & Valin...close to the Sobey's). I'm not a member of CCPRN yet, but plan on joining soon! I opened up my daycare in January of this year and am full and loving it so far!! Although today has been one of those "ready to pull my hair out" kind of days!!

Shy
    In Bridlewood area of Kanata. Originally opened September 2011. Relocated to where I am now in April 2012 as it was more suited to running a daycare. Yes, CCPRN member and have taken "playfelt"'s workshops.

Euphoric !
    I'm on Orleans too and I LOVE Playfelt's workshops..LOL. ANd I love CCPRN

Shy
    I am located in Bridlewood as well. I will be opening in June!!! Super excited to get started!!! I will a 2 yo, a 2 1/2 yo, and 2 11 month olds. + my own 2 children aged 4 and 6.

Euphoric !
    If you are going to the caregiver dinner for CCPRN keep your eyes out for crochet apple finger puppets as prizes - not exactly sure how they are being used but working on them this weekend for Doreen. Thank you for the kind words - glad you liked the workshops.

Shy
    Good Morning Ladies,

I am in the barrhaven area and a member of the CCPRN. I was wondering where the other barrhaven daycare providers are so maybe we could meet and have some playdates??

Shy
    Hello!

I am in Queensway Terrace South (in behind the IKEA) and am a member of the CCPRN. I opened my daycare in May, and currently have one dc child (looking for more!). I am also the mother of a 7 year old and a 2.5 year old.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Sorry chatting by email here on the forum.

At one point the CCPRN had some funding from the government to help mentor groups of providers in other cities get an organization going and that is how the London group actually started many years ago now. Not sure if they still do but they are a great bunch of ladies and if you asked them might be able to point you in the right direction.

Basically you need to collect the names of a few ladies that want to form a group and then to start you can meet in each other's homes and share crafts, recipes, discuss how to deal with issues like late payments, teething babies, whatever. It is part social part continuing education but for sure it is supportive and makes the job easier just knowing there are like minded people out there.
    Just a followup to the comment about starting an association. That is one of the things the Ottawa group is trying to push as an alternative to private providers having to join an agency. Here is a link to an article that appeared in a Toronto paper. For sure the more that can comment and support this idea the better chance there is that the Minister of Education will at least listen to the proposal. Not sure what is the best way to go about supporting this concept but for sure if there were small groups of people in various parts of the province that banded together to form one demand it might help.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/lette...ry_needed.html