Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Euphoric !

Ottawa area providers

Moving our chatting to a new place.

Would love to have a chance to meet anyone in the Ottawa area. I am in Orleans - Fallingbrook (Merkley/Charlemagne). Maybe others in the area could say where they are located so we can find out who lives near what.

I know some of us at least are members of CCPRN so maybe you could indicate when you check in if you are a member or not. Not that that is a criteria for getting together but it would give us a common location for those that are.

Sharon
    (playfelt)

Euphoric !
    Is there a link? Where is this new chat place?

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Moving our chatting to a new place.

Would love to have a chance to meet anyone in the Ottawa area. I am in Orleans - Fallingbrook (Merkley/Charlemagne). Maybe others in the area could say where they are located so we can find out who lives near what.

I know some of us at least are members of CCPRN so maybe you could indicate when you check in if you are a member or not. Not that that is a criteria for getting together but it would give us a common location for those that are.

Sharon
    (playfelt)
    You YOW ladies are very lucky, I wish most cities would fund this program. I hope your all taking advantage. Great way to get together! The workshops sound great as well!

Euphoric !
    Sorry chatting by email here on the forum.

At one point the CCPRN had some funding from the government to help mentor groups of providers in other cities get an organization going and that is how the London group actually started many years ago now. Not sure if they still do but they are a great bunch of ladies and if you asked them might be able to point you in the right direction.

Basically you need to collect the names of a few ladies that want to form a group and then to start you can meet in each other's homes and share crafts, recipes, discuss how to deal with issues like late payments, teething babies, whatever. It is part social part continuing education but for sure it is supportive and makes the job easier just knowing there are like minded people out there.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Sorry chatting by email here on the forum.

At one point the CCPRN had some funding from the government to help mentor groups of providers in other cities get an organization going and that is how the London group actually started many years ago now. Not sure if they still do but they are a great bunch of ladies and if you asked them might be able to point you in the right direction.

Basically you need to collect the names of a few ladies that want to form a group and then to start you can meet in each other's homes and share crafts, recipes, discuss how to deal with issues like late payments, teething babies, whatever. It is part social part continuing education but for sure it is supportive and makes the job easier just knowing there are like minded people out there.
    Just a followup to the comment about starting an association. That is one of the things the Ottawa group is trying to push as an alternative to private providers having to join an agency. Here is a link to an article that appeared in a Toronto paper. For sure the more that can comment and support this idea the better chance there is that the Minister of Education will at least listen to the proposal. Not sure what is the best way to go about supporting this concept but for sure if there were small groups of people in various parts of the province that banded together to form one demand it might help.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/lette...ry_needed.html

Euphoric !
    Hi I'm in the barrhaven area and I am a recent member of ccprn

Starting to feel at home...
    Hello everyone,
    I am located in Orleans as well (near the intersection of Orleans blvd and St-Joseph).
    I opened my french daycare in June 2010 and I am loving it. I have a 2 1/2 year old son and a 7 month old daughter. I am caring for 5 kids (two school aged).
    I am not a ccprn member but considering joining shortly.
    When the forum initially started I was on it quite a bit but got quite busy/tired after having my daughter and stopped coming on... I am happy to say i am now taking the time!

Euphoric !
    Naftafia glad to hear you are settling into a better pattern. Those first few months can be really crazy when we have other kids to worry about too and not just the new baby. There are at least three of us from Orleans and a couple from Gloucester area as well as further west. Will be nice to connect with everyone. The CCPRN does offer some of their services in French including a couple pages of poems/songs in each newsletter as well at some workshops there is a French handout available - sort of depends on who is presenting. Mine are all English since I do not speak French at all but others might be presented in English but the handout is available in either language.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm in Orleans aswell ... Lisbon/Penelope street. Also a member of CCprn ..... I often do moms night in (1x per month) with a group of moms from my parenting forum... if anyone would like to join us I can post back here when the next one is planned or just plan one for the caregivers.

Elaine

Starting to feel at home... angelina's Avatar
    hello sharon,

for some reason i ended up in this website.
    this is angelina - CCPRN member and member of Ottawa Plantcycle group in facebook.
    I would like to come to your workshop someday, i am signed in for the nov. 3 workshop and ELECT worskhop 2 weeks after that.

I am in the South Keys area, and I have a bunch of 4-or 5 caregivers which we meet regularly in the park outdoors. We do crafts together, we share resources: chalk, sandtoys. I think 3 of us are members of CCPRN.