Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello!

Expansive...

Hello!

Hi! As you can probably guess from my user name I am a mom of four kids. My oldest is 6 (and half) a girl, a four year old (boy), a 3 year old (girl), and a 15 month old girl.

I can't wait to get to know you better!

Hello mamaof4!!!

Financially, how can you afford 4 kids in this day and age!?!? I've always wanted to have 4 children, but I don't think we'll be able to afford that many (and we're tightwads!).

Euphoric !
    I'm mom to four too although they are now 18-28. You do a lot of hand me downs, very few trips and vacations, eat very simple meals and think before doing anything. Amazingly after two the costs don't go up exponentially because you are passing things down. The key is in the spacing so one is out of the crib, etc before the next one needs it. And you buy clothes with the others in mind like buying pink tshirts and navy sweatpants for the bottom so they can be passed down the line and you only have to replace the tshirts or you use the pink ones as pj tops. At least that is how we managed. Hubby has a descent job with the military and I have done daycare since second child was born. Never had nice stuff though - you know real wood dining tables or fancy anything. But wouldn't trade my kids for anything. Start with one and keep your options open you will be surprised what you can handle. It's like in daycare when you look after and feed 4 or 5 there isn't a big difference.
    Last edited by playfelt; 02-28-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Expansive...
    Well- there are certainly tight months! But we make it work. I shop at a lot of resales and thankfully we have been blessed with a great support network- it would be impossible without them!