Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Record Keeping!

Starting to feel at home...
    Ok one more question:

For the toys and crafts that are shared. What would the calculation be then? The daycare uses them for 11 hours and my children use them for another 1-2 hours after. How do you find the percentage there?

OK so maybe that wasn't the last question

Do you claim km's driven to buy groceries? Even when they are shared groceries? And supplies?

My kids are grown so I have not had to do that calculation - but my understanding is it is the same as your household expenses... so if you bought the toys for your kids only 100 percent of the cost would be yours regardless of if they only used them 2-4 hours a week for personal use .... but because your are sharing with your busIness you can write off that portion the rest of thectime you are not open gardless of your kids actual use is "personal use" ... does that make sense?
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Sorry typing on my phone and missed those typos
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

So would you say a reasonable % would be 11(hours open)/24 = 45% ?

Thanks!

Are you open 365 days a year ? Cause otherwise you have to factor in weekends and vacation too where they are not being used for business
    Loris Malaguzzi

Of course I never thought of that too! I'm wondering if it's even worth claiming...

11/24 x 240/365 for example ... Assuming you work Monday to Friday and take 2 weeks vacation and the 10 stat holidays
    Loris Malaguzzi

Every $1 you can write off lowers the tax you have to pay by $0.17-$0.25 depending on your taxable income ...so every things is worth it to me

Specially if the toy expenses puts you into the lowest tax bracket ... It can add up for sure
    Loris Malaguzzi

I think I am going to owe you professional fees!! I really appreciate the help, I hope I can pass it along one day!

I find this business is so specific that it's difficult to find the answers.