Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Question Should I take them all on? WWYD?

WWYD - what would you do?
    I'm not sure if it's too much or even a "smart" move.... husband says I'm crazy.

I have a daugher who just turned two, dck's I have one f.t who's almost 2.5yrs & one p.t who's 3yr

Yesterday I interviewed two other dck's and they're both p.t - One is starting next week and is 21mos but very advanced and the other will be starting in August and will be 21mos then.

So my question is - should I take them all on?
    I figure that by August either: a) I may terminate my f.t one due to constant rule/contract breaking if things don't change b) there will be enough time to establish a routine with the older ones from now until August, it would be easier for everyone to get used to the newest addition

That means though I'd have a total of 5 under the age of 3.5 ....am I nuts for thinking of doing this? LOL

What are you're thoughts?

(by the way this is my first time w/ dc, I started January 7th of this year)

Outgoing
    If it was me I would take them on I like challenges providing you are allow to take 5 kids of course. And the last one will start in August anyway, you have more then 6 months to train the new comers and obviously the kids you are looking after right now will become more self sufficent. Again I would do it

Good Luck.
    Cocoon

I have 4 children all between the ages of 15 months to 2.5 years. Call me nuts, but it's worth it! They play together, and are great with one another. They're easy to train if your consistent.

I'd take them on, and get rid of the f/t kid before a new one starts. It's not worth your hassle.

Outgoing
    I currently have 5 kids (two are my own). Four of them have JUST turned one within the last 3 weeks and the other is 2.5. It is crazy most days, but I'm hoping by summer things will relax. Two of my one year olds are only here pt, so I at least have two "quiet" days.
    I would take them on. Since they are all pt, it shouldn't be too crazy. GL.

Expansive...
    Thanks ladies!!

In my gut I knew it's what I should do....I appreciate the advice!

Euphoric !
    I currently have 6 kids (including my own 2) between 12 months and 3.5 years...three of them have just turned one, then my daughter is 20 months, dck is 2.5 and my son 3.5 (although he goes to preschool every morning). I would take them if I were you...especially as they are not all starting at once. I started doing daycare a year ago and thought I would only take 2 or maybe 3 tops, but ended up finding that I could handle more than I thought

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I don't see the problem at all.
    21 month olds are not that hard to take care of and once they add another 6 months you will sometimes feel pretty bored watching them play because they will want to play ALONE most of the time with you just watching from afar.
    21 months are also good at painting and colouring already so they don't need that much assistance like a 12-15 month old would.
    I love that age and you also said they were PT so go for it woman ! It is not as hard as it sounds

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Spixie33 For This Useful Post:

Not crazy. Honestly, five kids of the ages you stated is like a walk in the park for me.

You'll get into a routine and before you know it everything will run like a well-oiled machine.

Euphoric !
    I have 1- 3.5. 3- 2yr olds , 1- 23months , and 1-10 months ..... Lunch time/diaper change/ bed is busy but like everyone else said once you get a routine it's a walk in the park plus with mat leave being a year and kids going to school as early as 3 3/4..... What's the choice?

Euphoric !
    Don't forget if the one child isn't starting till Aug the others in care now will all be 6 months older. You might want to list out the ages they will be in Aug and then see if you feel better. Having your entire group of 5 kids basically 2 and over would be a dream of all of us. This summer I will be doing the three one year olds, a 2 year old and a 3 year old likely as I will have 3 spaces to fill.