Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Great Price for Foundations Quad!

Hi All! I just purchased my quad stroller yesterday, and wanted to let everyone else in on the deal that I got. I was about to go down the road here in Toronto to buy from Macklems, but decided to see what prices were like online first.

So I ended up seeing one on the website babyhaven.com and it was priced lower than Macklems...oh yeah but how much for shipping?? Well, even with the shipping from California, it worked out to be about $20 dollars cheaper than retail here in the city, AND, when I went to check out, I noticed they had a coupon code area, so I did a quick Google search for coupons, and lo and behold, I found one for 15% off Canadian shoppers only! So the code is CANADA15, and I ended up paying a grand total of $512 dollars, instead of $589 that they wanted at the retail outlet. That includes all taxes, duty etc as well.

AND it's coming straight to my door. I'll let you know how long it takes to get here.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else is in the market for a new stroller.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Oh gotta love a great deal!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Outgoing
    Great deal! I just got a Foundations Quad ... love it! Don't know what I ever did without it!

Starting to feel at home...
    I am looking for a runabout stroller..... cannot find any! There are soooooooooo expensive when new! Good for you that you found what you were looking for!

Sarah, yes I considered getting a runabout too, but it was too costly for me. They rarely go up on kijiji or Craigslist, so I opted for this one. Besides, this'll be easier to store!

I LOVE my choo choo wagon (Step 2). It comes with seating for 2 (approx. $120) and I've added 2 trailers ($60) to give me total seating for 4. Each gets their own little pod with seatbelt, cup holder. This is so easy to push and maneuver (even in snow!). Radio Flyer sells a clip on umbrella if you are so inclined.
    Here is a link to the description http://www.sears.ca/product/step-2-c...FQzGKgoduB-RYQ
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Expansive...
    I'm jealous!!!!! What's this store you were talking about in toronto? Any other neat stuff there that I'd be interested in for the daycare?

The store is called Macklems, and they have a tonne of fantastic baby stuff, but it's mostly pricy, froufrou crap that the upwardly mobile types purchase. It's in Roncesvalles, if that gives you any idea of its clientele. Nothing really for us daycare peoples.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaghetti View Post
    The store is called Macklems, and they have a tonne of fantastic baby stuff, but it's mostly pricy, froufrou crap that the upwardly mobile types purchase. It's in Roncesvalles, if that gives you any idea of its clientele. Nothing really for us daycare peoples.
    BAHAHAHAHAHA I'm in the beaches so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about

Starting to feel at home...
    oh FlexFunCare, I am also in the beaches! Where about???