Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Expansive...

Is it just me?

Hi ladies,

I have noticed lately that people are posting a family picture when advertising their daycare? Am I alone in this, I find it creepy and weird. Why would I publicly post pictures of my kids? If you want to come and see what I'm about book an apt!

Outgoing
    I refuse to post photos of my kids in my ads or the daycare kids...not on my ads and not on my website. It is not my place to use their photos. I wouldn't want someone else posting photos of my kids. Too many creepy people out there. The way I see it, my daycare should sell on my credentials and experience, not on what the children in my care or what my children look like.

I have a picture of myself with my two daughters on my daycare ad. I am neither creepy nor weird. In fact, there is a photo of me there, with my son and daughter.
    <-----------
    Last edited by Sandbox Sally; 02-22-2012 at 01:59 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I definitely think it's a 'nono' once you put that on the internet its there for life! People don't think of that though. they just think people will see what a wonderful family they look like and want to enroll.

Shoot, if I'm sending a picture to a parent (of something cute their kid was doing in daycare or what not), I'll ask permission from all parents of any other child in the picture if it's all right that it's sent.

Outgoing
    i have permission from all my families to take photos and use them as necessary...the only time I use their photos is possibly in a monthly newsletter that goes to the current daycare families only. The internet is forever and you just never know who is looking. Maybe I watch too many episodes of Criminal Minds, but I'm always worried about who is looking at children!

I have a photo of myself on my website - but do not put it in my ads ... I will admit it is to help send that sense of 'familiarity warmth' by personalization with a photo as well as I do not want to was my time interviewing someone who is not going to choose me because I am 'older' and they have a bias - let them get that bias over with while 'looking' at my website

I do use photos in my advertizing of the program but only of kids where the clients have signed permission to use photographs for the purpose of advertizing.

I have a consent form with various 'degrees' of use for clients from only used in program for documentation of their progress and time here, to advertizing on website or adverts online, to use in publications and professional development cause I have and do present workshops to other providers....if a client clicked absolutely NO photo use at all of their child we would not be a match cause I use photos as a learning tool with the kids as well as for documentation so rather than a check list that says 'Johnny can stack three blocks' when Johnny can finally stack 3 blocks or what not I snap a photo of it do up a blurb for their portfolio...everyone needs to agree to at least THAT use cause little Alice might be in the background of those photos even if i did not intended and well I do not have time to Photoshop her face out of ALL photos taken in my program
    Last edited by Inspired by Reggio; 02-22-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

jec
    I think it's about your own comfort level posting pics of your family for anyone and everyone to look at.

Personally, I don't post any pictures of me or my family ~ no daycare kids on my web site either. At any time someone can copy the picture for their own. Too many strange people out there. I'm also extra cautious and don't even post pics on facebook.

Euphoric !
    I have permission forms from my daycare parents to use their pictures on my website and in my advertising. I would never post a picture of myself, yuck, haha! Also, I would never post a picture of a child on the internet without a parent's approval and I would never post the children's pictures anywhere else.

Outgoing
    I dont think its weird, but may allow for more ad responses, in that the potential parent knows who the are meeting with, and may feel more comfortable with a photo.

Alphaghetti, I LOVE your pic of you and you kids!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KingstonMom For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I use pictures of my kids playing in my daycare space. I have signed permission to take and share photos but in this case I asked each parent permission and explained WHERE I would be posting it and they were all happy to agree. I stipulated that none of the children would be named and I sent all of them the exact photos for their consideration. I'm so happy that they said yes because the kids are having a great time in those photos.
    Not the babysitter!