Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hiding a fever

Quote Originally Posted by olivetree View Post
    ...I do have an illness policy but I tend to agree that making kids stay home for every runny nose is kind of too much. But where do you draw the line?
    I still follow the Public Health guidelines for 'exclusion' for licensed programs as the standard for best practice ... that way I can blame THEM for having to exclude their kid - they have a hand out for things that need exclusion and for how long and 'reentry' requirements
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

I do follow that as well

jec
    I've never heard of the Public Health guildelines for exclusion...I'll have to check it out! Thanks ladies!!

Euphoric !
    Do you have a link to these guidelines?

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroomama View Post
    Do you have a link to these guidelines?
    Here you go - please note that your Region or Province might have slightly different guidelines and rules depending on the anal factor of those running your Health Unit - this is for London Ontario's Public Health Unit.

What I mean by anal is that some Health Units say you can attend childcare with Chicken Pox and others still require exclusion based on poor experience with children who did attend getting 'severely ill' as the rounds of pox progressed and muted when they DID allow it so they reverted to the initial 'exclusion' practice of until the scabs are 'dried over'.

http://www.healthunit.com/articlesPDF/14630.pdf
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Thank you for this!