I have a friend who takes her little one to their daycare with Advil in her so it hides the fever that the little one has. I mentioned that it's a bad idea as she could be passing on a virus to not only the other kids but the families ~ her response is that the kids could catch the virus anywhere. True but why infect other kids/families knowing that you are? Her response is that she can't take the time off work and she pays the daycare.
I again mention how it is dangerous that she gives her little one any medication without advising the daycare and if there is an emergency and her little one is rushed to the hospital and the Dr's won't know about what she was already given. Her response is that it's likely not going to happen

OK so I am now putting together something on why you shouldn't bring your kids to daycare with any fever reducing medicine in them.
I feel if a little one is sick, as a parent you need to be home with them. I've been on both sides of this. A parent with 2 in daycare and having to take many days off due to ear infection, fevers etc and my husband and I used to play rock, paper, sissors over who was going to take the day off. As a provider I have right in my contract that I will always respect a parent's need to work however, when thinking of bringing their little one to daycare ~ how would you feel if another had your little one's symptoms and would you want your child exposed.

So....
do you ladies have anything to add to my little paper that I'm putting together that I'm going to end up posting on my blog for others to read.
I just think it's so irresponsible to bring a sick little one to daycare with a fever. A common cold, yes bring them but a daycare should only have to deal with cold like symptoms