Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    When my daughter first started attending daycare and I went to work she got very very sick for about 3 months straight. Nothing the provider could have done, it was different things each time but one worse than the other. At one point she was dehydrated badly and dry heaving so Emerg we went. They asked what I was giving her and said Tylenol, the Dr sid "Tylenol doesn't do sh*t .... sorry to say" He then gave her a dose of advil about 45min after her fever which lasted 5 hours of 104.8 went down to 101....We had tried everything, cool baths, no clothes, cool drinks, damp cloth...nothing worked. Advil did!

So I have no faith in Tylenol's working abilities it never worked for me growing up....I had juvenile arthritis and now as an adult really bad joint pains and Tylenol never helped with the pain. I must have been 16/17 when I first heard of Advil and it was like a miracle! I only use Advil for myself and my daughter now.

*Just my own personal feelings* :P

Plus 8hr of relief vs 4hrs = my baby get to sleep most of the night without feeling crappy!
    Last edited by Mamma_Mia; 02-23-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: missing info

Expansive...
    OH and BTW - I also never had the hyper reaction when giving it to my daughter for over a year and 1 dck (with mom's approval, she actually asked me to give it since she forgot her's at home).

Expansive...
    tyenol and advil have different ways of working. Tylenol is an analgesic- a pain reliever where as Advil is an anti-inflammatory which often has pain relieving tendencies. For stubborn fevers, in older babies (over 6 mos~ish) I rotate them, allowing for the most relief possible.

Starting to feel at home...
    I use both. Advil can definitely be used to reduce a fever and tends to work quicker. One of my kids when she gets a high fever Tylenol does not work, only Motrin or Advil will. I've never experienced any side effect from it. I prefer having Advil on hand just because it brings their high fevers down.

Euphoric !
    All of the above posts are correct - Adult advil has hormones in it which makes it best for women and like aspirin they are both anti inflammatories. I would bet that the children's advil does not have hormones but I won't administer that to my daycare children so I'm not sure. Tylenol does not have the acetasalycilic acid so is not an anti imflammaroy and is just for pain relief.

Starting to feel at home...
    First time I gave my daughter advil she went a little loopy, but that was the only time. Tylenol doesnt seem to do much for either of my kids, so I use Advil.