Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-in-alberta View Post
    Is it normal in your region?
    Yes it is...most of the providers I know (about 15) work this way too, and come to think of it when I was in daycare __?__ years ago my mother also did it like this.

Oh hon ... just because something was standard practice 20 years ago does not mean it should still be standard practice now .... times change, expectations change, risks to a job change and so forth!

Years ago communities were small close knit and everyone either new each other or was related in some manner ... people would not even THINK of stiffing someone in their own community for a service otherwise word would travel like wild fire and well they would not find themselves being offered service anymore ... now a days this is not the case and sadly after 20 years in the field I can say that MANY clients think nothing of racking up a bill with a child care centre and than moving on to a new one leaving the bill unpaid ... one centre I worked at the boss was naive enough to keep accepting 'excuses' and the client was behind in over 4 months of care and then left ... the following year at a workshop with other centres we were venting about clients who do this and it came out that this family had done this to four centres in the nearby area but because cities are so large now a days and communities are not 'close' they were getting away with it!

We are not the only industry to slowly start to 'pay first' .... more and more gas stations, restaurants, service providers require payment up front sadly because they run into people like your current client who use a service or commit to use a service and than feel like they should not have to pay for it
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Expansive...
    it's 10:30pm where I'm at and I still have not heard from the mother

- did she received my message re: short payment?
    - if dck is coming tomorrow and if so at what time?
    - is dck not coming back because mom is upset or disagrees with the/my terms?
    - are they back in the country

I mean Monday's I have my daughter (obviously) and this one dck....If I don't have to be up at 7:00am then I'd like to know that! lol I think it's going to be a sweat pants morning incase I get to climb into bed again...I hate this - weirdness in the morning *if* she does come. If she does play the "I didn't see it card" then I have to say it to her in person. [[barf]] I h.a.t.e this.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    Oh, boo.
    I hope that you can find someone to fill that spot soon. I just don't think she is giving you the respect or value that you DESERVE.
    Grrrrr to that mom!!

Oh wow - I could not deal with that I really couldn't - life is way to short to deal with people who do not value or respect you not to mention the 'stress' of is a shoe going to fall with a tantrum on their part being expected to follow the contract they signed ... I personally would have had a 'time frame' to get back to me by and left both a phone and an email message to cover both venues - they would have had to confirm receipt of the message and their plans to make it right and if I did not hear from them by the time given - their contract would be DONE!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired by Reggio View Post
    Oh wow - I could not deal with that I really couldn't - life is way to short to deal with people who do not value or respect you not to mention the 'stress' of is a shoe going to fall with a tantrum on their part being expected to follow the contract they signed ... I personally would have had a 'time frame' to get back to me by and left both a phone and an email message to cover both venues - they would have had to confirm receipt of the message and their plans to make it right and if I did not hear from them by the time given - their contract would be DONE!
    I know I'm giving then toooooo many chances - I didn't press on it as much because I know they were on Vacation (Jamaica) and wasn't sure what day they left.

Expansive...
    OOOOOOO I just got a text (of course) from the mom saying that "We're on our way"....

They live 15min away....DUM DUM DUM - let's see how this goes *fingers crossed*

Expansive...
    ((Sigh))

I have no one to blame but myself in this situation

She came, dropped off dck on top of my floor walking past the mat (I walked over to my front window to open the blinds dck likes to wave bye to mom) and she left!!

No money! And dck's bag has a puffer w/ chamber in it? is she sick? does she need to take it during the day? I'm mean really....

I think I know the answer to this one....but lets say she didn't see my message. Should I call her now reminding her to bring the money at p/u? Or wait until p/u? Hand over a letter with her two weeks?

How would YOU handle this?

Euphoric !
    You mean she never spoke to you at all? Not even good morning? Hopefully she has paid a two week deposit and I would turf her ass at pick up with no notice as in today is your last day ... See ya ....

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    You mean she never spoke to you at all? Not even good morning? Hopefully she has paid a two week deposit and I would turf her ass at pick up with no notice as in today is your last day ... See ya ....
    She didn't even give me eye contact! I'm printing out her letter as I type.....