Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Late in payment

Euphoric !
    Although I can't remember off the top of my head WHAT the terms are; yes, I do have a late fee in my contract. I also charge in advance of care (means I never get stiffed/shorted) and have clearly stated that I will turn them away at the door if payment has not been received.
    Having said THAT: I will implement these policies as I see fit. Only once have I charged that late fee, because it was becoming routine for this family. One of my families always used to "forget" their cheque, so I asked for a set of 6 post-dated "so I didn't have to keep hassling them", hahaha. If I have a number of new families in attendance, I will post a note at the end of the month ie; Please remember that fees for next month are due this week. Thank you!
    If a family was truly strapped for cash (Paycheque comes on the third, and I am to be paid on the first, etc) I would hope that we have a good enough relationship that they will be honest with me. In those cases, they get one "gimme" and after that, too bad, I better have my money in hand or no daycare for you!! After all, how would they like it if the HR dept at their work said "Oh, oops. Guess I forgot to do the paycheques this week. You'll be okay if I get it to you sometime next week?" Somehow, I think not!!

jec
    Thanks ladies ~ moving forward I think I am going to put in my contract a late fee after 3 late/missed payments on the due date - $20 each day it is late.
    I agree, sometimes we forget with our minds on work, dinner and kids all at the same time! Having said that, I agree with you Reggio that sometimes it can become a habit...and that is a habit I don't want to encourage!!
    Thanks for the advise ladies

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    I know people are busy and they can forget BUT there at ATM machines alllll over.
    So if they show up and forgot the $ they have the option of turning around to go get it now or face my 3 strikes and you are out policy.

I don't charge late fees, I terminate.