I have a one year old in my care who broke out in blotches and welts all over his face today when he spilled some milk and rubbed it on his face. His parents have told me before that this happened at home and not to be alarmed as long as he is breathing normally. His breathing was fine, but I was still alarmed...it went away in about 45 minutes. The parents say they ahve spoken to the doctor and he's likely allergic to something, but they will pursue it next month at his next appointment. To me, this reaction (although he seems fine when he drinks milk) is an indicator that he has an allergy and needs urgent attention. I am concerned that it could suddenly worsen and could cause swelling of the throat or who knows what else. I am thinking of telling the parents that until he is tested, I will not be able to give him milk at daycare anymore because I don't feel comfortable with the risk. I can't assure that he won't get it on his skin again and I worry that he will eventually become truly allergic and have a reaction. Has anyone had a situation like this? Any advice?