Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar

One of my little munchkins will be leaving my daycare soon

I found out yesterday that one of my little ones will be leaving my day care in a couple of months his mother who previously was not working , will be attending school and needs a 5 day a week daycare. Because I am open Monday to Thursday, I no longer meet her need . I am so attached to this little guy... I even thought briefly about opening fridays just to keep him but the reason I work 4 days a week is to spend quality time with my 2 boys. It wouldn't be fair to them.
    The only way she will keep him here is if she can find someone to care for him on Fridays. I don't know how easy that will be.
    I hate it when kids leave

Shy
    Maybe there is someone else in the area that will do daycare on a part time basis if they have spots available? It will be hard for him though to be going to two different daycares a week. It's sad because these little people become a part of our family and its sad when they leave. But it is part of the business at times that things don't work out. I hope you guys find a solution that works for you!

It is sad when kids leave...hopefully something will work out.

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    Sunflower I feel your pain!

On Friday I said goodbye to one of my little ones after almost 3 yrs of daycare. She was like a member of our family, when her parents were out of town she stayed with me, when her parents went out in the evening, she was with me etc. Her father received an amazing job offer that took him to another province. She is already missed!

Euphoric !
    It's soooo hard to say good bye to the kids when they leave. I recently had a 4.5 year old girl leave because her mom got subsidy. I'd had her since she was 4 months old. She was so much a part of the family that she often spent nights here and even came to a number of my family events. Fortunately, I'm still friends with her mom (having martinis on Friday!) so I still get to be in touch with her frequently. These kids often become such an ingrained part of the family, it's a great loss to see them grow up an leave. Most of mine are long term (5 years and more) that it's very very difficult. One thing I do to keep in touch....I do host a few "family events" in the off hours every year (such as an outdoor movie/bonfire night). This keeps me in touch with the families (who have all become friends of mine). They typically will continue to attend these events on the basis of friendship, not business. It's nice.

Shy
    How sad for you, Sunflower. When one of your little ones leaves your care it is always a wrench. It's wonderful, though, that you have formed such close bonds with them.