Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Expansive...

Last Straw! Termination Letter Wording Help Please

So dck arrives this morning and doesn't try to hit me infront of her mother. I was pleased. Mom text's me at 9am asking for the playpen to be packed up because she 'needs' it this weekend. Shes never needed it before for nana's or the fathers house. hummm I then ask dck "whats the name of the lady who is going to watch you from now on?" "Tanya" Ah Ha!
    I got them ready (her & my daughter) and we were on our way downstairs to the playroom. As we got near the bottom she pushed my daughter down to the bottom - 4 steps down - my kid is with a bloody nose and freaking out (she's still not to sterdy with the stairs) I look up and dck is giggling with a grin from ear to ear! That's it! Immediate termination!! I'm sooooo done!!

This is what I have right now.....feel free to add/comment.

Attn: [Parents],

It has been nice meeting your family and [Child]. I'm sorry to say that I feel we are not a good match/fit to continue on for daycare. I feel that another daycare would be more suitable to meet all your needs but I want to thank you for the opportunity.

My suggested end date for care is immediate.

Also Note: you have in possession one of my carseats, once I have it returned to me in the exact same condition as it was when it was lent out – I will then return to your playpen to you.

Thank you,
    X_________________
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Expansive...
    Wow -- looks like this situation keeps getting worse.

Hope your daughter is okay.

Just a couple of corrections/suggestions...

PS not sure if it is a good idea to keep the playpen. Things may get nasty or they might go petty and call the police on you. Just be careful with that
    -------------------

Attn: [Parents],

It has been nice meeting your family and [Child]. I'm sorry to say that I feel we are not a good match/fit to continue on for daycare. I feel that another daycare would be more suitable to meet all your needs but I want to thank you for the opportunity.

This notice is effective immediately.

Also Note: you have in possession one of my carseats, once I have it returned to me in the exact same condition as it was when it was lent out – I will then return the playpen to you.

Thank you,
    X_________________

---------------------------

good luck

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spixie33 View Post
    Hope your daughter is okay.

PS not sure if it is a good idea to keep the playpen. Things may get nasty or they might go petty and call the police on you. Just be careful with that
    Thanks for asking, she has a prety nasty bump on her head and her nose stopped bleeding but is very sulky now.

Re: the playpen & carseat
    Yesterday before 9am dck threw up all over my couch. I called and made she she was picked up within the hour. Mom says the stepfather would be coming but he needs a carseat - I agreed to lend mine for the trip home. She then sends me a text at 10pm saying that dck will be coming tomorrow since she was acting fine all day and wasnt sick. I agreed and reminded her about my carseat. She came this morning without it. That is mine - give it back.

How else would you handle this? I need that carseat back...

I would totally do a straight up exchange. No way would I give the playpen without the carseat. Is she paid up?

Expansive...
    nope - she owing me the money tonight at p/u

jec
    I agree with Spixie33 on her suggestion on how to word when termination date 'This notice is effective immediately'. Your telling them it's over not letting them decide when the last day will be.
    Be prepared that she may be a b with an itch and not give the car seat back. Is she paid up?
    I would call or text her to ask if she is bringing the car seat at pick up as your needing it to go out tonight ~ if she forgot it, then please take an extra 15 minutes to go home and pick it up before pick up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jec For This Useful Post:

Yes! What jec said...text and tell her to go home and get it. And give her NOTHING until you get your pay and your seat. Ugh...so wish she didn't have your seat so you could hold the playpen ransom for the week's fees...

Forgot to add, I am SO pleased for you that you're getting rid of these two. What a nightmare! I can't believe she willfully hurt your child. Something is wrong with her, but it's not your problem any more.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    YES!!!!!

Step-dad just dropped off the carseat on his way to a job (roofer). Now I don't have to worry about it getting messy(er)

I'm seriously sick to my stomach!!
    It's doing flip after flip and mom doesn't arrive until 6pm! ahhhh

Mamma, do you need a new kid? My SIL is a daycare provider in Whitby too, and she knows a few people that were/are looking for care. Want me to ask her? Network, baby.

Starting to feel at home...
    Wow, sucks that you have to go through this...