Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Childcare providers in Edmonton

I have a family in my care now that will be moving to Edmonton this summer and I told them I would try and find them some contacts in the area to learn what to expect - price wise, care wise, expectation wise. They have a two children who will turn 1 and 4 this summer. Being in Ontario, the oldest would have started junior kindergarten in Sept. but they do know that that will be different in Alberta.

Shy
    For the one year old spaces are pretty hard to come by. 4 year olds not so hard. Price wise our prices for my center are 808 for up to 19 months old and 711 for 3 year old plus. We do not have junior kindergarten here. there are preschools but most want parents to volunteer. The best bet for them it to go to the government of alberta website and put in there new postal code and get on the phone. http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/ChildCareLookup.cfm

http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/doc..._care_low1.pdf

to start kindergarten in alberta you need to be 4 by march 1st of the upcoming school year.

alberta has accreditation which means a dayhome or daycare has higher quality of care then just being licensed.

if your family would like any other information they can check out my website kidschoicechildcare. com i have a contact me for more info and i can email them any info they may need

Euphoric !
    Thanks Carla I will pass on the information. She said they were finding that a lot of daycare centres didn't take children under 18 months. Their hope of course is that enough families move that spaces open up at the base daycare but the liklihood of that considering the wait list is next to nil.

Shy
    Yeah alot of centers not take children under 18 months because the ratio is so low. Our center has a room specific for 12 months to 2 years. we are only about a 15 min drive from the base. We partner with the school out there for the headstart program for children with speech and language delays. The waitlist out there is pretty extreme from what i have heard from some of our other families that put there kids in our center