Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Extra income?

Outgoing
    Momof4, I wish I can make things but I'm no use at all.

Playfelt, there is one school near me but that is a high school and I don't want to teach them as I have to study first to be able to teach them I will look around my neighbourhood to see if there are elementary schools.
    I'm preparing an ad. to put in campus boards. See what happens.

Spixie33, I think I have seen this web site before and If I'm not wrong I need to pay for few stuff? And what is VOIP phone line? I only have a land line.

mom-in-alberta, I don't have teaching qualifications but I used teach maths(voluntary) in a supplementary school. I'm not sure if families would be OK. paying for someone who is not a teacher. Especially, there are qualified teachers looking for extra work.

Thank you all for your inputs.
    Cocoon

Euphoric !
    Parents would pay you to tutor of you charge less than those who are actually teachers. We hired a university student (our friend's daughter) to tutor our son in math and she had no qualifications. We paid her $20/hour. I used to tutor ESL students (I am an ESL teacher, but I started tutoring before i had finished my degree) and it was good except that I had to go all over the place to do it. Also, I would not want them coming to my home, especially while there are children there because of safety concerns. Meeting in a public place is what I did for most of my clients, but the ones who were children, I taught in their homes with their parents home.

Expansive...
    Same as Momof4 - I do sell Avon and have about a 10 customer regular base each order and sometimes it's 20+ but you don't make THAT much money once you factor in gas - having to drop off the products to each home (sometimes). Most of my orders are from companies or groups I meet once a week so its easier but if they dont have the $$ ready that day then you have to drive out to their place to collect. At times I had to put out of pocket until I received their payment. I also package everything nicely....Xmas, Vday, Easter etc. I go with the themes...it makes it 'fun'. AND what some people don't know is that you have to buy your own cataloges.
    Anyways.....I continue it because I really do like it but it's not making me much CASH
    My biggest order was aprox $500 and in my pocket was aprox $150.....then I had to spend all evening sorting, writing out receipts, packaging and then arranging deliveries for the next week! So if you really NEED extra money and don't have a lot of time to dediacate to it I wouldn't suggest it. ***IMO*** but I would say it's worth a try and for only $10 to sign up.....why not?
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    I agree Mammamia, it's a challenge but one other thingI remembered was when I had somebody place a large order once with clothing and jewellery and then return it all saying she didn't want it after all. So you have to pay to ship it back to Montreal from Ontario and it was a royal pain.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    I agree Mammamia, it's a challenge but one other thingI remembered was when I had somebody place a large order once with clothing and jewellery and then return it all saying she didn't want it after all. So you have to pay to ship it back to Montreal from Ontario and it was a royal pain.
    Not sure if you're aware but Avon & Canada post made a deal with eachother to cut cost when we return items! In your avon account, type in canada post in the search area and read about it! Makes it much easier as I've had a few returns too!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamma_Mia For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Hi Spixie33,
    How much does the VOIP cost monthly? Also, are you required to log on for a specific time? how long do your contracts last?

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Connect View Post
    Hi Spixie33,
    How much does the VOIP cost monthly? Also, are you required to log on for a specific time? how long do your contracts last?
    We went with a VOIP company called Comwave and it was about $20 a month. we got rid of our other Bell phone line a few years ago anyways so it was much cheaper. The $20 was unlimited calls for us.

Some contracts require you to work a minimum of Xx amount of hours per week i.e 10 hours per week. Some other contracts don't care if you only work 10 hours a month. However you do pay a network fee to use the network and resources through contractxchange which is around $20-$30 a month I believe so it would be in your best interest to make enough money to cover that and more. I think all the info is on their website.

I haven't worked any contracts for over 2 years so my memory is a little rusty on specifics now

Also...when you get a contract with a company they usually stay continuous. However if you are not performing well they can drop your contract any time and would send you an email advising you that they are dropping you

Wow what a great thread. Thanks everyone for all these extra income pointers

VOIP is offered by cogeco in my area and vonage. Vonage is great $19.99 a month unlimited North America incoming and outgoing. No such thing as long distance charges. voicemail, caller display, call waiting and many more features included in the price. No hidden charges obviously hst added to the price but Ive been with vinage for 6 years now and they are fantastic. Anyone interested let me know as with a referal you get a free month You can pay $29.99 a month and get unlimited international land line calls to most of Europe too if thats something anyones interested......sorr y to go off topic a little bit but thought it was relevant

Euphoric !
    We tired Vonage and HATED it! Maybe it depends on where you live. Our line was very unclear...we could hardly be heard by people we were calling. Then we had to fight with them to get our money back because they started our free trial month from the day we spoke to them on the phone, not the day we recieved the equipment and could actually start using the service. Never again for me!

Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    VOIP is offered by cogeco in my area and vonage. Vonage is great $19.99 a month unlimited North America incoming and outgoing. No such thing as long distance charges. voicemail, caller display, call waiting and many more features included in the price. No hidden charges obviously hst added to the price but Ive been with vinage for 6 years now and they are fantastic. Anyone interested let me know as with a referal you get a free month You can pay $29.99 a month and get unlimited international land line calls to most of Europe too if thats something anyones interested......sorr y to go off topic a little bit but thought it was relevant