Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    apples and bananas

Looking for getaway suggestions!

My hubby and I are taking a much weekend away from the kids in November. We love little inn's and great undiscovered places. We're open to anywhere Toronto, north of Toronto , Muskoka's, or even out Ottawa way.

Do you have a great little place that you'd suggest?

My husband and I just got back from a weekend away in Picton...so beautiful! The county (as they call it) has nasty winters, so not sure that Nov. is the best time for there. My favourite winter destination is Montreal; take the train & stay @ the Queen Elizabeth (it's attached to the train station); they have beautiful rooms & an indoor pool/hot tub/spa. They are connected to the underground network with the yummiest bakery & a bunch of shops within minutes of your room. You literally will never need your coat mid-winter!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Oh and if you like spas there is Le Nordik in Gatineau.
    http://lenordik.com/en/homepage/
    For $50 you get a day pass to outdoor baths/hot tubs/saunas...they have heated walkways. I definitely prefer going in winter. There is a bed and breakfast within walking distance and the nearby town of Chelsea Quebec is just wonderful!

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    Well, I think a little bigger I'm afraid and I'm heading to Ireland in a month, can't wait!

I second DALD's suggestion. I was going to say Prince Edward County (Picton) lovely, picturesque and peaceful. Also I love going to Ottawa. Lots to see and do and some great dining.

apples and bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    Well, I think a little bigger I'm afraid and I'm heading to Ireland in a month, can't wait!
    I'm Jealous!

Outgoing
    I just got back from 4 days in Ottawa. Although I was mostly there to help a friend get her parents ready to move into a seniors' home, we did do some fun stuff. The Art Gallery is always lovely (and we actually saw the Van Gogh exhibit, so that was awesome. There is a lovely restaurant just north of Dow Lake on the Canal... something "Ritz" I think, and it was amazing. The Byward market is always worth the trip, and the Museum of Civilization and Man is never boring either. I love Ottawa! I try to get there once a year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by treeholm View Post
    I just got back from 4 days in Ottawa. Although I was mostly there to help a friend get her parents ready to move into a seniors' home, we did do some fun stuff. The Art Gallery is always lovely (and we actually saw the Van Gogh exhibit, so that was awesome. There is a lovely restaurant just north of Dow Lake on the Canal... something "Ritz" I think, and it was amazing. The Byward market is always worth the trip, and the Museum of Civilization and Man is never boring either. I love Ottawa! I try to get there once a year anyway.
    . You forgot Ikea

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I adore the Muskoka area, but what about Wasaga Beach and Collingwood, that's pretty much straight north from Hamilton?

Euphoric !
    What about a niagara wine tour ?? Or is that the wrong time of the year
    Going north ... Orillia is beautiful ...I used to live there ... They have some nice b&b's ,I lived right across the street from one but not sure if it's still operational. As well as horeshoe valley is 20 mins from there. Yes collingwood is also very nice...blue mountain inn, and cranberry village....not so far north is hockley valley ...coming east ... How about Kingston? Its so nice along the water front... I live in Ottawa ... And there is a little town about 45 mins south west of Ottawa called merrickville which is so nice very quaint. .... I am heading to Toronto this weekend with two of my kids and we are going to the CN tower and either centerville or the Ex. Have fun planning what ever you decide on